Galaxy S9 Active

SOLVED
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy S9 Active

Will there be a Galaxy S9 Active? If so any idea of a release date??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Solution
Accepted by SamsungCole (Samsung Moderator)
‎08-10-2018 11:23 AM

Re: Galaxy S9 Active

Regrettably, we are unable to speculate on the release of new devices. 

18 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator
Solution
Accepted by SamsungCole (Samsung Moderator)
‎08-10-2018 11:23 AM

Regrettably, we are unable to speculate on the release of new devices. 

Constellation

Hoping to hear something on the 9th but there have been no leaks on this phone and no FCC filing yet.

I really hope Samsung keeps the Active line going!

Constellation

I'm holding out for the S9 active also hopefully my S7 holds out until it comes out

Constellation

Me too. My s7 active has began to have problems with functionality. I am anticipating the s9 active and plan to exchange phones as soon as I possibly can. 🙁 I really hope it happens soon. 

Constellation

Since all the updates that Samsung has done my S7 has become useless. It would be nice of Samsung to actually say yes we are making the phone or no we are not making the phone so I know whether I should just switch to LG now or hold out for the S9 active

Constellation

Forbes just published an article stating that there will be no S9 Active.🤯 I am beyond upset about this. The Active is the only phone I have ever had that lasted beyond 6 months...every phone I have ever had has been ruined due to being dropped on a hard surface, or in one case, into the toilet.😕😄 I have Asperger's Syndrome, as does my son who also handles my phone pretty frequently, and there is a sensory processing/movement disorder that goes along with having the Asperger's. In short, we are very clumsy people who drop things and break them a lot and no amount of occupational therapy or extra care will change that.😉The Active has been a godsend to us because it is the only phone I've ever had that we did not have to suffer replacement and all the headache, cost, Etc that goes along with it. The Active is the only phone I ever felt I got my money's worth out of. I have been very happy with Samsung in general, and the Active in particular, and I've been waiting patiently all summer for the Active to be released this year. Now I'm going to have to find a phone from another line to replace the Active because the other S9s don't appear robust enough to withstand daily life with me. So very heartbroken, Samsung, and I know I am not in the minority here. You've just disappointed millions of people with disabilities, active lifestyles, and other specific needs who were ready to fork over a lot of cash no questions asked to replace our beloved Active 7s and 8s.😭

Constellation

I think its time to move on to another brand for me also. Absolutely loved my S7 active but I will never ever buy a curved screen phone. I work construction and absolutely need a smaller durable phone. Because of the nature of my work I actually had purchased an otterbox for my s7 active which actually caused more harm than good. Sand got under the screen protector and scuffed the screen. Now for the past 2 years I've had no case on the phone and its withstood an absolute beating. The screen has a crack and a guage, the reinforced corners have chuncks missing out of them, I have epoxy stuck to the screen and everything still works great. I can even play touch screen games with no issues.

I may have considered going with the S8 Active but the absolute lack of communication about the S9 from Samsung has left me irritated. They have left many customers stuck in limbo waiting for this phone with no word one way or another. So because of their lack of consideration they have lost my business. Maybe they'll wize up and by time the S11 comes around and I'll reconsider.

Constellation

Please communicate to Samsung leadership that the active editions have a very loyal following.   I have had every version.  It is the only phone I will buy for my teenage boys.  I will be hard pressed to remain loyal to the brand if they cut my favorite line.  

Constellation

AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ACTIVE LINES ARE MUCH NEEDED THAN THOSE PRETTY PHONES THAT KEEP COMING OUT ,WE NEED DURABILITY!!!!!!!!!!!! WE NEED THE ACTIVE ,HENCE THE NAME !!!!!!! DUH !!!!