Galaxy S9 Active

SOLVED
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy S9 Active

Since, Samsung won't commit to delivering an "Active" version of the S9.  Coupled with industry rumors stating "...there won't be an "S9 Active"" version.   As well as having to deal with the perception that my S7 is slowly being killed off by AT&T's forced updates.

I regrettably, will be moving on to a non-Samsung phone at this juncture, as that pretty little "Edge" wouldn't survive long in my world.   LOL.

Yes, I know, Samsung could careless if I'm a customer or not, as it really doesn't matter to the corporate heads in South Korea one way or another, just like ALL of the large companies here in America, their too big to care. 

Astronaut

The Active series has been a a blessing for me, as an active duty military member I heavily rely on the durability of my phone, I love the drop proof and water proof features along with all the other features that make this phone so hardy. I really enjoy using the S8 Active, and I need to know if there will be another one coming. If not I do need to find another phone that can offer similar durability. I like durability but I also like keeping my phone up to date with new software/hardware. Maybe you dont have to launch a brand new redesigned phone, just the same phone with updated hardware. As someone who has been a loyal customer to your brand and products I feel like myself as well as others deserve a more in depth response to our favorite device and it's future. Whether it will be discontinued or delayed. Thank you.

Constellation

Am I eligible to trade my personal phone in for the S9 or S9note? 

Samsung Moderator

I recommend contacting ECommerce in regards to this. They can be reached at 1-855-726-8721

Asteroid

I will not buy a S9 because its going to break.

I will not buy a Note 9 because its going to break.

I am currently using the S7 Active, and i can play football with it and go swimming and take underwater pictures.

Your current lineup cannot do this and never will.

I have been waiting since the beginning of this year to purchase the new Active this year, just to  find out it will not be released ? 

Do you know what that does to customer loyalty ?

I will never look at your phones again, not because you didnt release an active, but because you kept this a secret and delayed and delayed and did not allow us to keep some form of decision making.

The more i think about this the more angry i become.

Constellation

So being Samsung is abandoning all us Active lovers, what is the best recommended replacement? 

Constellation

Since I have paid off my phone 3 months ago the length of time my battery stays charged has significatly droped.  I credit this to the Forced Software Updates.  I know leave the house with a full charge battery and leave work around 5:30 with about 20% battery.  I am a minimal user of the phone with the primary use of text with family members-maybe 5 text in total a day..

I would like to stay in the Active Family but  this is getting frustrating.  At least my bill is $35 less a month.  That is the only thing keeping me from making a major change in Brands and gettting a new one.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I am SOOOO disappointed Samsung has decided to "drop" their Galaxy ACTIVE customers on their [REDACTED], keeping them in the dark and not tell them anything!  If they would even tell us no, there will be no Galaxy S9 Active, at least we would know.  But I guess it's clear now there won't be.  I do hope that the Galaxy S10 has an "Active" model, and soon!  I will not buy another samsung phone.  It will be a Galaxy S10 Active, or I will go with someone else's phone.  And I do not think you have any idea how many customers feel the same way I do!

Astronaut

I have an S8 edge +. I had an S6 Edge +. I have cracked the glass on both phones and I absolutely hate the bevelled glass which invites damage.

If you are not going to release an S9 Active, can you at least update the firmware on the S8 active? I am never going to buy another 'edge plus' phone again.