Galaxy Watch 42mm (SM-R810) Android Messages support?

Constellation

Galaxy Watch 42mm (SM-R810) Android Messages support?

Just purchased the GalaxyWatch, very cool. However, in order to use the watch's messaging feature it requires I set Samsung Messages as default. Now, it's not a bad app, but I (like many Android users, and even Samsung users) use Google's Android Messages. I would like to see that popular app supported on this new tech so I can fully enjoy it. It is not necessarily a dealbreaker, but it certainly adds unwanted disappointment to my experience. 

So any word on this would be greatly appreciated. But word of an update "Over The Horizon" would be appreciated 10x more.

1 REPLY
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch 42mm (SM-R810) Android Messages support?

There is no reason for most other messaging and fitness/health apps to NOT work on this Samsung Galaxy Watch, Samsung is limiting it's own useability and functionality to this customers. I suppose as long as i've wasted my money on the watch i'm stuck with it and they still win. What a shame. I have always loved Samsung phones, but detest their messaging app almost as much as their health app. Lost all my health history in transition. Bad for future business. ;-( Sorely disappointed.