Galaxy Watch without MST???

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Galaxy Watch without MST???

Wow. The one feature that made the Gear S3 standout, MST payments, and you removed it???? Are you trying to force your current customers to not upgrade to the Galaxy Watch?? Because you're doing agreat job of it.

You either need an overhaul of your Wearable team or your developers don't use the products they're trying to improve or YOU'RE NOT LISTENING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS FEEDBACK.

46 REPLIES
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Watch without MST???

Bump.

Not buying this for this sole reason.
Astronaut

Agreed. Give us this watch running Gear OS, not Tizen, and MST and I'll buy it today.

Constellation

OMG, I could not agree more!!  I was waiting for this watch to come out because the S3 didn’t have an LTE version for Sprint....  without one of the most useful features and Huge Differentiator between Apple, I guess I am back to the drawing board to find a suitable smart watch for my Note8

Constellation

I agree with you 1000000% I was so excited when the rumors said Samsung was going back to Wear OS; I didn't even think they were not going to offer MST ( a useful tech that only Samsung has). Doesn't make sense. What a disappointment.

Cosmic Ray

This was an amazingly stupid move. I've bought every Gear watch ever made, upgrading every time. MST was the one truly unique feature of the watch that amazed every retail worker every single time I used it. I must've sold a dozen S3s for Samsung just from people so curious how I was able to pay with my watch when none of the Apple people could do it. Why take it out? You didn't lose the license for MST--it's on the newest Note.

I bought your new stuff every year just for marginal improvements--just for the sake of selling the old and buying the new. I've gotten all 8 Notes, including 2 Note 7s. But if you come out with new products that actually remove unique features and make no improvements? Forget it. For the first time, I'm sticking with the old technology.

Astronaut

What!? No MST!?

I love MST! I´ve read that you removed it to make it lighter. Dont! I have zero problem with the weight. I would have problem with a Galaxy watch without MST. 

Rethink this, please!

As someone above stated. The ONE thing that makes the watch stand out, is MST.

In sweden, were I live, we dont have that many NFC readers, there are mostly old ones. But even if they have NFC readers, MST works better, ALOT better. 

I use samsung pay alot, but I wouldnt if you removed MST. NFC is just not good enough, here atleast. 

Asteroid

Agreed. I'm so disappointed they're not going to have MST. I was so hoping we were finally going to get a watch with both NFC and MST in a size more suitable for women. Most smart watches will track your heart rate now. Most have some kind of fitness tracking. Even the cheaper fitness bands will track your sleep. There's a few that have LTE and many that have some form of NFC payment available. Shoot, even FitBit's have NFC now. MST was the one thing Samsung had that nobody else has. Coming from the Gear S2 I would be getting a better upgrade if I went with the  S3 but as a woman with small wrists it's just way too big. 

Constellation

This is a huge deal breaker for me too. Who complained about MST in the gear S3?! No one... Why remove it? 

Constellation

Is this confirmed??? Can someone PLEASE give me evidence that Samsung said they took out MST?