Galaxy Watch without MST???

Re: Galaxy Watch without MST???

@user7JyIqBeW1P wrote:

Is this confirmed??? Can someone PLEASE give me evidence that Samsung said they took out MST?

Samsung themselves has said it.  It's even in the watch promotional info.  Go to Samsung.com and scroll down to the section for Galaxy Watches and click 'learn more.'  The section 'leave your phone behind' references Samsung Pay with a notation taking you to footnote #7.  The last sentence in footnote #7 says it's only compatible with NFC terminals.

Here's the page.  Just scroll down to the footnotes.

Constellation

What!?! That makes zero sense. The ONE key feature they have over Apple, and they don't include it? That would be like Apple making their new iPhone without the fingerprint sensor located on the home button.

I was so looking forward to this watch. No need to upgrade now. 

Constellation

Agreed.. I was planning on purchasing 2 watches. One for myself and one for the wife. Not anymore. Will look to buy my wife an s3 classic  and keep my S3 Frontier. Maybe next gen will bring back mst and I will upgrade then. Way to drop the ball Samsung. 

Constellation

This is a game changer. One of few things that makes users of the Apple Watch and Apple iPhone long for a Samsung Watch is when I bring out MST and pay on a terminal where even the cashier tells me it wont work. (It always works). 

I was going to buy a Galaxy Watch because of the improved battery life, swimproofing and more training features. But, no matter how great the battery is it just feels like a downgrade now.

The advantage of having MST on both my phone and Watch is that I feel comfortable with leaving my wallet at home (sort of the reason for having mobile payments + the security benefits. Right?). 

Think. 

The Galaxy Watch needs something to make it stand out in front of the Apple Watch, something yaw-dropping  - Like MST.

Constellation

Totally dissapointed. Loved buying icecream from small stands. they only have old terminals. Now I`ll need my credit card again, it`s easyer than pay via phone. weak move, bring MST back!

Astronaut

Are you guys for serious? Whats is going on with drinking water there in South Korea? No MST will be a disaster for sales in US. Thats the only sure. MST was the unique pros against Apple and you took it off? Of course nobody is going to upgrade now, and will wait the next model, that will definitely have MST....
Astronaut

Completely agree! They killed the differentiating factor to the Samsung watches!
Constellation

Huge let down. NFC is not good enough.

Constellation

Samsung doesn't seem to pay much attention to their customers. I found out the Galaxy was coming out and was gonna wait to get it rather than get the Gear S3 I just bought, but found out it's still gonna be Tizen and no MST. No thanks...

Cosmic Ray

@user6GA8ur0Oj4 wrote:

Samsung doesn't seem to pay much attention to their customers. I found out the Galaxy was coming out and was gonna wait to get it rather than get the Gear S3 I just bought, but found out it's still gonna be Tizen and no MST. No thanks...

Have you used Tizen?