Galaxy Watch without MST???

Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch without MST???

No MST was a huge great breaker for me. Was so excited with the new rebranding. They already made the watch mitch match by making the largest display model only in silver with black thorn dial. I'm going to keep my S3 Frontier. Sadly hopefully they release a new model with the new NOTE 10 next year

Asteroid

Agree 100%.  Unbelievable that they removed MST!  My main reasons for this watch is payments!  I love that I can use it where store clerk's have told me it won't work and I cha-ching pay with it and they look at me in amazement every time!  Now I'm stuck either buying another Gear S3, or nothing at all.  Very dumb move!  We would've bought 3 of the new Galaxy Watches had it had this feature.  Not any more Smiley Sad.

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

I would glaldy pay more money for a new Galaxy Watch similar to the gear S3 frontier that has MST and the better water resistance up to 50 meters, etc.  I'll give you an extra $50 per watch...above the new cost of the new Galaxy Watch, but it MUST include MST!  I wouldn't care if it's even bigger!  I also like the frontier style and bigger display...I don't care for small little toy apple watches Smiley Sad.   Samsung, please at least make another watch option available for the majority of us that want BOTH MST and NFC on our watches!  I care more about this MST feature than waterproofing and battery life combined!  Please don't ever take away features on new watches!  What were you thinking?  

Constellation

Same here.  Will not upgrade from the Gear S3 to the new Galaxy watch without MST!

Constellation

Oh they took it out alright. I have the new worthless Galaxy watch on my wrist. I can't wait to return this thing. 

Constellation

I had the last 3 flagship watches. And picked up the galaxy watch today on a whim. I didn't read anywhere that they had pulled mst but without it I consider my gear s3 frontier the superior watch. The only real upgrade is the nice finish on the chassis but I see it as a tool or I'd just wear a normal watch. Mst was certainly the most useful aspect of the device and I often leave the house with just my watch no phone or card but now I can choose to bring something else with me. And also wear something with pockets or just wear my old watch. That said I'll be returning this inferior yet more expensive device 

Constellation

I will not buy it for the same reason.  I love being able to pay with my gear s3.

Constellation

WOW...just found out "NO MST" on the galaxy watch......my cousin is going to get the galaxy watch I believe this week.....need to call him ASAP and stop the purchase. He really liked the MST function that is on my G3 frontier. The heck with the galaxy watch, he will be more then happy to purchase a G3 frontier any day as long as it has MST.

Big mistake Samsung.....you had 2 forms to make a payment NFC or MST on a watch, and you took away one of them "MST"......sad....very very sad....so now if the reader does not have NFC you have to take out the phone if it even has MST...are you kiding me....and if your phone does not have MST well you are SOL......BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......I can tell you right now I will be staying with the G3 Frontier as long as I can and keep buying replacements when needed...until you bring back MST then I will upgrade....Period!
Constellation

OK everyone. Let's look at this from another direction. First - I can understand why everyone is upset but stating Sammy made a huge mistake not putting MST in the new Galaxy Watch is not looking at the big picture. .  Also, saying I was going to buy 3 for all my family and one for my boss does nothing and I hate to admit it  Sammy really could care less. Why? I can tell from all the posts how everyone is saying they use MST everyday that they don't do any international travel. If you did you would see that for most of the developed countries they use electronic payments more than we do. Their devices get them on public transit, buy dinner, get sodas out of vending machines, etc. Their whole life operates around electronic  payments and their devices much more than ours.  Now ask yourself what wireless protocol is used overseas, MST? No, NFC. We in this country are soo far behind the 8 ball it'snnot funny. It's our fault really that society as a whole did not embrace the technology when it came out. That's an argument for another thread and another time.  But if you do a little research, you'll see I'm right. Yes Sammy overlooked the U. S. with MST but I think by the time the next series watch comes out  MST won't be needed  That's just a guess but even at the slow rate of adoption, I hope our country is caught up. So if you want MST, you'll going to need to stick to an S3 if you want the feature that much.  I know I'll be hanging on to mine and not selling it because it might just be the only watch with MST. 

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

Wow. MST was the sole saving grace in the face of Tizen having so few apps.

Thanks for highlighting this. For sure not considering an upgrade now.