Galaxy Watch without MST???

Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch without MST???

This is the reason I am NOT getting this watch. Sadly there are places stuff that doesn't have NFC. LIke Dollar General.

Constellation

I was optimistic that samsung pay would still be functional considering that I love my Note 9 and my S3 classic was stolen not too long ago. I was excited for the upgrade but I REALLY don't think any of the new stuff outweighs the great experience I had with MST on my last watch. I like to exercise and those perks are nice... but the payment flexibility contributed to my checkouts at all kinds of stores which I do WAY more than tracking my health down to the stress meter and wearing a watch to go swimming. I'd give this watch a 5/5 with MST, I honestly and truly hope that Samsung takes our feedback to heart. It was a long wait for this release which makes this disappointment sting just a little more

Valid point about the Gear S3's MST over the Galaxy Watches NFC only option. 

One thing though... 

The Gear S3, is it's own entity. 

Pay attention to the names. One is a Galaxy, the other is an S series, a compliment to S line phones. 

My guess is the Galaxy Watch is meant for another market, a different audience. While the Gear, packs as much as one would need.. like MST (hence "Gear" in the name). 

I could be wrong, but The Smartwatch Market as a whole, is still somewhat a "beta". OEM's are working to get the Smartwatch market to a level of stability but right now, they are still somewhat all over the place. 

Keep your Gear S3/Frontier and just patiently wait to see what Smartwatch Samsung releases next. I am sure MST will make a come back Smiley Wink

Constellation

Literally the only reason I will not upgrade to the new watch. MST is the James bond feature that ooh's and ahh's people everyday. Why would I switch from MST???
Constellation

I whole heartedly agree! I love my S3 and I have upgraded with each iteration of watch since the Galaxy Gear. I was super excited about the Galaxy Watch until I found out about the no MST. I guess I'll wait until Samsung screws their heads back on straight. Samsung seems to do this about every two years. You guys make an amazing product, upgrade it, and then screw it up by taking out functionality. Stop removing cool stuff! Please! 

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Two points 

1) Mst is important enough they left it on the S9

2) The USA accounts for over 1/3 of Samsung sales

So if they are basing the removal of an important feature on international sales, then everyone else in the comments is correct, it's an amazingly dumb move.