Galaxy for a decade

Asteroid

Galaxy for a decade

Hi all,

After 10 years of having Samsung in one`s life I think its time to share a long experience and say something that im sure the support staff has been wanting to say for years.

Before i do heres a short recap of all the samsung tech in 10 years: Note 1/2/4/7 Galaxy S 3/6/9+ Galaxy Core Prime; Galaxy J5 2017 and A5 2016 - as backup phones or house phones Smart Tv ES6150 Series/ H52xx - H62xx Series / KU6300 4K UHD (x3) Samsung Note 10 Tablet 2014 edition; Ultrabook Series 9 2015 - old work laptop.

I have never been a full out fanboy of Samsung neither am I a sheeple like some. I use their tech to fill a need for a function and purchase them as to fuffil said requierments. Along side them there are plenty of other brands within the household that are here for the same reason.

What I love about the Samsung tech is easy : it delivers what it advertises. - with this if you are one of the many update excited sheep that cant live without the latest .122.1.2.133.1 patch and your crying about the fact that you 1k price tag device is stuck on 122.1.2.133.0 - please dont bother replying or joining the topic.

Samsung deliveres a long lasting device that still dose the function it was destined for years after the warranty has gone out. 

For the last 2 years as a main device i had switched back to my Note 4 - shockingly still having a 1 day battery life after sitting in a box on my shelf for about a year or so. To my supprise spec wise i can still place it on a medium range device list of late 2018. - This is what its all about ! Its almost 4 years since i bought it yet I can still use it with all its features and keep pace with my daily tasks. And its runing android 6 with no issues of payments compatability or slowdowns.

For the past month I jumped to the s9+ mainly because the note 9 was out of my price range for the time being. Truth be told you feel the difrences between the 2 years apart android systems, but as a user you need to be aware of the following: Android is not owned by the manufacturers.

When purchasing a phone i take the aprouch much like purchasing a PC or laptop. I do not call upon the manufacturer of my currently Thinkpad or Razor to ask them when is Windows or Linux upgrading for my device. Neither do i cry to them that my device cant recognize the bluetooth of my car or headset since they are obviously from a diffrent brand servicing diffrent needs.

All retailers have a period of return - fact of life in the 21st century- for my S9+ its 30 days. In these days the poor phone has went through "hades" to say the least. Paired with all my device, tested to the max amount of usage i would ever need, jacked in and out of all my devices and the ones from work as well. If one of my friends have a diffrent model device nearby I am asking to test it with my phone. 500 apps have found their way into it and are awaiting removal after the 30 days are done. I find it funny to browser the forum here and notice some people that on the second month they miraclesly noticed that their 6 year old car that they have owned for years to come is not pairing with their "expensive smartphone". Wonder in what high class hotel they where stuck for those 2 months since they did not try to pair their phone with the car in that period of time? Smiley Happy)

Slow updates - love it how people cry when its their phones  yet get angry when its their PC`s. I never liked the idea of updates for wearables. True they serve a great porpuse yet i consider the fact that at least once every 16 months i buy a new device since wear and tear may claim one or just because i like something new in my life. For those that have this issue there is a old saying you should take to heart : "slow and steady wins the race". I rather have only 1 major update once and have it done right then take a leap of faith that a dev. team was not rushed and pressured by a comunity of children to deliver more fast something that is not realy needed. ( but at least i check up reviews and read about them before doing the leap unlike the ones that decide to post demands for rollbacks here Smiley Happy )

As a conclusion to this long rant : For all those that have to support the growing masses of children and complainers... we the "power users" salute you

Best wishes,

An adds designer.

See more topics labeled with: