Galaxy watch and Powerpoint control - BT connection drops

SOLVED
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy watch and Powerpoint control - BT connection drops

Just got the new Galaxy watch 42 mm.  Love it.  Trying to test out the Powerpoint tool with my laptop.  I initiate the BT connection, get the codes, hit ok/connect on both devices, and it connects per my laptop, but the 5 min timer on my watch keeps counting down.  My laptop keeps alternating between "paired" and "connected".  The watch never gets to the screen where i can control a PPT.  I've tried restarting my BT connections, turning off the BT on my phone, and nothing seems to work.  help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Solution
Accepted by topic author usertUiAizSHBn
a week ago

Re: Galaxy watch and Powerpoint control - BT connection drops

I understand you have tried some troubleshooting steps already. Let's try some few more steps below to see if this resolves your issue.

Tap PPT Controller icon on the Apps screen. Learn the basic features and controls when an on-screen tutorial appears on your Galaxy Watch

2. Tap CONNECT. Your Galaxy Watch enters Bluetooth pairing mode and the computer will find your Galaxy Watch

3. Search for or select your Galaxy Watch from the Bluetooth list on your computer

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection

If your computer and Galaxy Watch do not connect, cancel the Bluetooth request on both devices and try again. Or, remove the Galaxy Watch from your computer that previously appeared on the Bluetooth list, and try again. Refer to the computer’s user manual for more information

5. Tap SLIDESHOW to control the slides. Tap left arrow icon to move to the next slide or tap the right arrow icon to move to the previous slide.

Alternatively, rotate the bezel clockwise or anticlockwise to move between slides. Tap TOUCHPAD > and move your finger on the screen to control the cursor on your computer.

The Galaxy Watch’s display may turn off while you are controlling the slides with the Galaxy Watch. To always stay on with the screen, tap More options icon (3 vertical dots) > Screen always on and tap the Always on switch to activate it

6. Tap STOP to stop controlling slides

6 REPLIES
Red Giant

woah. i never knew the watch can control ppt. what are the steps to do so? after pairing with computer, the watch will show the buttons for ppt like next page and previous page?

Samsung Moderator
Solution
Accepted by topic author usertUiAizSHBn
a week ago

I understand you have tried some troubleshooting steps already. Let's try some few more steps below to see if this resolves your issue.

Tap PPT Controller icon on the Apps screen. Learn the basic features and controls when an on-screen tutorial appears on your Galaxy Watch

2. Tap CONNECT. Your Galaxy Watch enters Bluetooth pairing mode and the computer will find your Galaxy Watch

3. Search for or select your Galaxy Watch from the Bluetooth list on your computer

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection

If your computer and Galaxy Watch do not connect, cancel the Bluetooth request on both devices and try again. Or, remove the Galaxy Watch from your computer that previously appeared on the Bluetooth list, and try again. Refer to the computer’s user manual for more information

5. Tap SLIDESHOW to control the slides. Tap left arrow icon to move to the next slide or tap the right arrow icon to move to the previous slide.

Alternatively, rotate the bezel clockwise or anticlockwise to move between slides. Tap TOUCHPAD > and move your finger on the screen to control the cursor on your computer.

The Galaxy Watch’s display may turn off while you are controlling the slides with the Galaxy Watch. To always stay on with the screen, tap More options icon (3 vertical dots) > Screen always on and tap the Always on switch to activate it

6. Tap STOP to stop controlling slides

Asteroid

yep...when it works.  makes it alot cooler than using a clicker

Asteroid

Hi there - thank you, I never get the tutorial on my watch.  When I hit the icon for the app, I get the connect screen.  I can get it to pair and connect to my laptop, but they it just keeps switching btw pair and connect. The watch just keeps doing the 5 min countdown.  I never get the screen on my watch with the controls.  I tried what you suggested and got the same result.

Asteroid

Well - i just turned my watch completely off and then back on again and it WORKED.  I got the right slideshow and touchscreen screens to pop up and tested it with a PPT.  it WORKED!  Thanks....

Samsung Moderator

Awesome! I'm glad it worked. feel free to reach out to us anytime if you have any questions or concerns.