Gear Fit 2 pro water damaged

Constellation

Re: Gear Fit 2 pro water damaged

I just got my f2p back from Getting repaired with Samsung and same story. All my sensors stopped working, but watch worked fine. they claim water damage, but again I ask, why is a watch which is labeled as water resistant to an ip67 or ip68 rating not covered under warranty. Completely stupid and offensive. 

Constellation

I am dealing with this issue now and wish I would have seen these issues before I bought in January. I have been sent the user manual which pretty much states that if you get the watch wet then the warranty will be voided. I am in the process of contacting the FTC and my state attorney general to see if there are any ways to get them to change the claims on this product and give refunds. 

Constellation

how much did they charge for the repair?

Constellation

how much did they charge for the repair?
Constellation

Let us know how you make out?
Constellation

I didn't get charged anything for the 'repair' since they said the warranty was void due to water damage. I have filed a report with my attorney general and will add updates. 

Constellation

An update, I contacted my state Attorney General's office and they apparently sent a letter to Samsung U.S. I received a call from a representative and was given the same lip service about my frustration and what seems to be the frustration of pretty much everyone else who has purchased this. She told me even something as small as hitting the watch on a table can cause enough damage to let water in, that seems like some shoddy work for a fitness device. I'm still working with the AG's office, luckily it's an election year so they're being pretty diligent. 

Constellation

They're asking $412 to repair my "water damaged" watch.  Though, I can't remember ever getting it wet.

Asteroid

Well, let's add my complaint to this also.  My watch was bought in February, 2018 and about July it started rebooting every 5 minutes or so.  I sent it in to Samsung who said there was water damage.  I asked how you get water damage to a device that is water resistant to 150 meters.  They transfered me to the repair team.  I asked them how a device that is water resistant to 150 meters can have water damage.  I told him it was in water but nothing deeper than a few feet because I can't swim.  His answer is that they don't know what I did to it, maybe I left it laying in water.  It sounds like "water damage" is the new way to get out of warranty repairs.  Now I'm really glad I switched from the Samsung brand to an iPhone this last trip to the phone store.  I saw someone above working with (I think it was) the attourney general.  If you get anywhere, please let us know.  I will gladly take my $0.13 that results from the payout of the law suit.

Astronaut

Which state are you in?  KY here.  Would like to add to your complaint or start my own for KY.