Gear Fit 2 pro water damaged

Asteroid

Re: Gear Fit 2 pro water damaged

I am in Ohio.  Does anyone know who we need to talk with legally to try to do something about this mess?

Constellation

Same thing happened to me. My gear fit 2 pro was only 5 months old and the very first time I swam with it it stopped working.  I sent it in for repair and recieved the same letter that they will not repair it or replace it under warranty due to liquid damage.  My watch was never abused and has only been in the water that one time. Im very disappointed in samsungs response to this issue.  How can they advertise a watch which is made for swimming and not honor their warranty when it was being used for its intended purpose. I have purchased several samsung products in the past but I will never again.

Samsung Moderator

Unfortunately Samsung devices are not water-proof, they are only water resistant. Despite any advertisements, I never recommend swimming with or taking pictures underwater with any device as this will 9 times out of 10 cause water damage within the device. Water/liquid damages are not covered under any Samsung limited warranties. I do apologize for any inconveniences caused by this. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

These claims of water damage is an absolute croc

Cut and pasted from the Samsung website...

• Go from swimming laps to jumping in the shower. Gear Fit2 Pro is water resistant up to 5 ATM*.

So, either your products are defected or there is false advertising.  Either way, I am in the process of trying to find out who to contact to file a lawsuit.

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

Here is another person who never swam or showered with this watch.  The only water it was exposed to was sweat or occasional slight splashes from washing my hands.  I had it for 3 months and it busted, then they got evasive and haven't yet flat out told me they won't replace it, but just sent it back without repair.  I got a vague phone call and had to follow up myself to find out more information.  I suspect this will go the same as the rest of you and I'm irritated.  This is an expensive piece of kit and they're not going to stand by it?  WOW.  I guess I should have gone with Apple.

Count me in on any lawsuit and heads up to Samsung that my household won't be buying your products anymore.

Constellation

Same here.  lets just file a lawsuit alreadyI have screen shots of all of the ads across all media types.  Clearly marketed for swiming and clearly cannot even handle swimming in some cases not even sweat.  

Need 60 people for a class action 

I have 19 so far who else is in?  

Astronaut

I’m in too. Same exact story. Had it for 5 months. No abuse. Only swam a few laps. Never submerged. “Swimming laps” was the selling point for me. It’s fraud that they knowingly advertise that this can be used for swimming laps, yet product fails if it gets wet.

I’ve wasted a lot of time with “customer service” but they seem to be trained on how to respond the same way - “ it’s not us, it’s you”

I think retailers need to take these off of their shelves. It’s robbery. 

Astronaut

I’m in too. Same exact story. Had it for 5 months. No abuse. Only swam a few laps. Never submerged. “Swimming laps” was the selling point for me. It’s fraud that they knowingly advertise that this can be used for swimming laps, yet product fails if it gets wet.

I’ve wasted a lot of time with “customer service” but they seem to be trained on how to respond the same way - “ it’s not us, it’s you”

I think retailers need to take these off of their shelves. It’s robbery

Asteroid

Add me to your list for the lawsuit.

Constellation

This happened to me too.  I never had it in water; not even the shower.  Sweat is the only liquid to ever touch it.