Gear Fit 2 pro water damaged

Cosmic Ray

Re: Gear Fit 2 pro water damaged

Would this lawsuit extend to Canada!?  I have the exact same problem, been given the run around for 6 months now... maybe they are riding out the one year warranty time frame.  Bunch of crooks.  Never ever supporting samsung ever again.  My phone is due for an upgrade, definitely not getting a samsung.  Looked at TVs... no second glance at a samsung.  I really hope this company dies off, no one should buy anything from them EVER.  

Asteroid

So, yesterday I needed to buy a new computer monitor.  Guess which brand I did NOT buy.  I was afraid that connecting it to a computer might void the warranty.

Astronaut

Count me in on any class action suit. My daughter runds crosscountry and never even had this in a pool. Top corner of the screen swent black and when I sent it in for repair I got teh water damage too bad we cant fix it story. Always liekd Samsung but this has me very upset that a swimwatch get watch damage.

Asteroid

Im dealing with this same issue right now. Im about to go to the better buisness bureau and the new stations. The lies they tell to make money. About to head to apple

Asteroid

I never had mine in a pool either, yet water damage? How
Constellation

Seems like you people are getting confused with water resistant vs water proof.. Common people it's common sense, why on earth would you wear your watch while swimming when you only got a water resistant watch ? Here this should clear somethings up for you people. Also I doubt your law suit will get you anywhere sorry to say that.

You may have heard a watch salesperson tell you enthuiastically that "this watch is water resistant to 30 meters." But what exactly does that mean? Can you wear it in the shower? Can you swim in it without damaging it? 

This Water Resistance Guide tells you what water resistance numbers mean in practical terms. 

Note that water resistance may be stated in meters, atmospheres (ATM) or feet. 1 ATM = 10 meters. 1 meter = 3.28 feet. 

Water resistant to 30 meters (3 ATM) means... 

You can splash this watch with water when you wash your hands or wear it in the rain. But take it off before using the shower or bath. And definitely don't swim in it. 

Water resistant to 50 meters (5 ATM) means... 

It's okay to expose this watch to some water. For example, you could wear it in the shower but don't soak it in the bath tub. Don't wear it swimming. 

Water resistant to 120 meters (12 ATM) means... 

This watch can be submerged in water. You can wear it while swimming, snorkeling, freediving or surfing. Nice watch! 

Water resistant to 300 meters (30 ATM) means... 

You can go deep sea diving in this watch. This is a serious watch. Congratulations. You are James Bond. 

Of course, these are just general guidelines and you should always consult the manufacturer or your watch manual before getting it wet. The manufacturer knows your watch best. 

Constellation

You should look up IP67, the rating the watch claims to have. seems strange that it has a swimming application that came pre loaded. From their website "Built to get wet, the durable and swim-ready* Gear Fit2 Pro with 5 ATM water resistance withstands pressure equivalent up to 50m in the pool. Track your swim, from stroke type to counting laps and more with the Speedo On Swim Tracking App"

Astronaut

Spoke to some prosecutors over lunch about this thread last week. Samsung uses an opt-out arbitration process which is noted in their warranty of the product. This means that you have 30 days to tell Samsung that you won't sue them from time of purchase. This is sleezy and can and has been ruled against in court.

The other side is the limited warranty itself which if Samsung doesn't want to warranty against moisture which they don't, it is in writing and can not sue against them not repairing due to this. But if there is proof that the product cannot do what it is advertised to do then there would be a case. This means that there would have to be enough complaints, or testing to show that within a reasonable percentage of products that it will fail when doing the activities that the product was advertised of doing. Like swimming or just sweating. Sorry for any spelling/Grammer errors, writing this on the run.

Asteroid

Since you seem to have gotten further on the lawsuit than I did, what do you need from us?

Constellation

https://youtu.be/kDXxM-mCWFg check out this video.. 

You only need to drop your phone off a boat, or into a puddle, or -yes- into a toilet once to wish for a world where all smartphones are waterproof. The good news: these days, a lot of them are at least *water-resistant*. The bad news: they're probably not as resistant as you think. In this video