Get rid of the Edge Design

Cosmic Ray

Get rid of the Edge Design

The community feedback section doesnt allow posts, so i am posting my feedback here. 

The new s9/s9+ phones are the best in the industry in my opinion but i hate the edge  screens. Screen protectors dont fully cover the screen and the glass edges are left exposed. More importantly,  cases for edge phones leave the edges exposed and prone to being broken  and damaged if dropped. 

You dont need to have curved edges on your  phones to make the screen boundless. Just minimize the extra bezels and sides on the phones. This will ensure that customers can buy adequate protection including screen protectors and cases for their phones.

Im sure some people will say, they dont have a problem  with dropping their edge  phones, but the s5, s7, phones had some of the best options for protection accessories because their screens were not curved. Those phones  could still have minimal cases that still supported excellent drop protection. I have yet to find one for edged phones  because of the innate structure. 

Im all about saftey and protection for my devices, i wish you would drop this hype of curved edges and relinquish your desire to set apart  and think more in terms of usability here Samsung.

5 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: Get rid of the Edge Design

I definitely agree. I like my S9 so far but I waited 4 years to get a new phone. I just don't like the curved edges. Please give us the "regular" option back.

Asteroid

I love the edgelessness (is that a word? If not it is now) Smiley Happyof my phone it makes it look sleek and modern, In all the years I've had these expensive phones I've never gone without a cover just in case they are knocked out my hand.\. I don't drop my precious babies. LOL

Supernova

@MerionB: Thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad you are happy with your device Smiley Happy 

Cosmic Ray

@BLU-BERRY-PIE wrote:

The community feedback section doesnt allow posts, so i am posting my feedback here. 

The new s9/s9+ phones are the best in the industry in my opinion but i hate the edge  screens. Screen protectors dont fully cover the screen and the glass edges are left exposed. More importantly,  cases for edge phones leave the edges exposed and prone to being broken  and damaged if dropped. 

You dont need to have curved edges on your  phones to make the screen boundless. Just minimize the extra bezels and sides on the phones. This will ensure that customers can buy adequate protection including screen protectors and cases for their phones.

Im sure some people will say, they dont have a problem  with dropping their edge  phones, but the s5, s7, phones had some of the best options for protection accessories because their screens were not curved. Those phones  could still have minimal cases that still supported excellent drop protection. I have yet to find one for edged phones  because of the innate structure. 

Im all about saftey and protection for my devices, i wish you would drop this hype of curved edges and relinquish your desire to set apart  and think more in terms of usability here Samsung.

Look at WhiteStone Dome Glass protectors, and do better research on cases that fit curved screens.

Astronaut

Hi, as a user of s9 i am totally agree, the edge screen is really not beneficial for protection and more important for eyes, i find it really annoying whatching a video clip in my phone with curved edge screen where the glass of phone itself makes the edges not purely transparent and there is always a reflection on the edges, however the screen quality in general is amazing but i wish the edges were flat.