(Moved) S9+ and the state of Samsung Support

Cosmic Ray

(Moved) S9+ and the state of Samsung Support

I received an update in October, and every day since that my phone has lagged, crashed and even deleted things, there was a Security update for November and I think that made the lag worse but fixed the crashing. Over the time I had this phone, since June or July, its screen has been very pale to vivid making things very easy to burn in things, even with very little screen on time. Another issue I had was carrier data speeds, where I was on cricket with slow speeds, I switched over to T-Mobile and had the same result. I had to get a new phone since I can no longer use this S9+ for day to day use. I factory reset this phone two times hoping to fix a few issues but it didn't seem to help. As well as going back to my S8 before this, I had multiple issues with reliability and performance on my S8, now the battery doesn't hold a charge, dies within an hour on standby. The repair they did to the screen was from a battery puffed up on it, cracked the screen and yet they call me out for abusing my phone, I paid money for it when it originally wasn't my fault. I don't game on my phone's, I don't use social media like Facebook or Twitter or any other app besides discord as some of my friends use it. There is little to warrant overuse of my phone. I don't even use my phone as much as other people I see around town using their phones. I can no longer support Samsung, as there is nothing to back up the prices of their phones that have gone up every year since the Galaxy S3, though technically I have had many Samsung products over the years and each year, reliability and performance degrades faster and faster. My Nokia 1020 from 2013 can out perform my Galaxy S8 and soon the S9+ that I currently both have still. One last thing I disagree with is their warranty process, 2 days shipping, 7 day repair, 2 day shipping, but any small problem (that isn't an easy fix) costs money, even if it's a warranty covered issue. I had issues with my Galaxy Watch, took a month and a day to fix a simple replacement issue with the band. They took their time and escalated it a ton but never did anything, today I called upper management team and finally got somewhere. They want to have me send in my S9+ for repairs today, first representative over chat said it was my fault for updating, the next one from technical support over the phone told me that I can send it in but it may cost money for damages done to the phone. There are no cracks or visual damages, nor water damage. The last rep, thankfully I called back to upper management they set up a expidited repair, never gave me a shipping label. They also said my S8 is junk, and to just toss it after they never truly fixed it and I paid money for it. I don't know what happened to the days of Samsung Support from 2 to 5 years ago, the energetic we actually care people to the, eh whatever, sorta, I guess I care attitude. Samsung is starting to go down a bad customer service path.