NEW Galaxy Note 8 *UPDATE*

Samsung Moderator

NEW Galaxy Note 8 *UPDATE*

[ Edited ]

Edit: Pre-Orders have officially started today! Also, Former Note7 owners are eligible for a special offer on Samsung.com where they will receive an instant trade-in value of up to $425 when they upgrade their current phone for a Galaxy Note8. More info on this right HERE or HERE

Love for the Note series has always been amazing. Despite the heartaches with the Note 7, we all endured. We are here to make things better - to embrace the future. We know our Community is passionate about the Note series; from the eariest to the Note 7, to the newest announced device and we are happy to share in today's news with you! 

With that, let's all welcome the Note 8 to the family!

pastedImage.png

Want to skip into the details? We don't mind. A full break out of specs can be found right here.

Still with us? Great! Let us take you through some of the Note 8 features that are getting us most excited. 

Camera enhancements

• The dual-lens back camera features a wide angle lens and telephoto lens featuring optical internal stabilizers on both lenses.
  • A new feature called "Live Focus" allows you to adjust blur and focus for the front and back and adjust after pic is taken too - takes 2 pics at once (Dual Capture) to see up close and wide range.

4 - SPen.gif

A new S-Pen

• The S-Pen now has a finer tip and is more pressure sensitive
  • The "Penup" community features 2.7 million users - now has a coloring section
  • "Live Message" - allows you to animate anything you write or draw
  • Screen-off Memo - You can pin a memo to your always on display, keep writing with a scroll, allows you to write up to 100 pages without turning on screen
  • S-Pen Translate - hover over text and it will translate to another language and auto convert measurements and currency

Bixby

• Now available in over 200 countries
  • You can customize your routine
  • New Quick Commands allow you to set up series of things to happen with one easy command
  • Spotify integration coming later this year

5 - Bixby Voice.jpg

DeX

• Even better than it was for the S8/S8+. More seamless now with continued improvements and more integrated app support.

Quick Specs

• 6.3 inch screen (0.2 inches bigger than the Samsung Galaxy S+) featuring the Infinity Display, with an 18.5:9 aspect ratio
  • 10nm processor
  • 6GB RAM
  • 64GB of storage with a MicroSD slot
  • IP68 liquid and dust resistance
  • Wireless charging

Colors

Midnight Black and Orchid Grey will be available in the US.Untitled.png

So how do I get one?

August 24 – Preorders begin at AT&T, C Spire, Cricket Wireless, Sprint, Straight Talk Wireless, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Verizon Wireless and Xfinity Mobile, along with Samsung.com, Best Buy, Target and Walmart.

September 15 – Publicly available street date

Are there any promotions?

Heck yeah! Visit https://samsungpromotions.com for details. Note: Promotions are subject to change and can be limited, so act fast if you're interested. 

• Buy a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 between August 24 and September 24 and get a free Gear 360 camera ($229.99 retail value), or free 128GB memory card and Fast Wireless Charging Convertible ($189.98 retail value)

Still not convinced?

Here are some other observations from our Community Team:

And with that, I'd like to open it up to all of you - will you be getting the Galaxy Note 8? If so, which one catches your eye? What features are you most excited about?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

99 REPLIES
Asteroid

Re: NEW Galaxy Note 8 *UPDATE*

I want to Thank You Big Samsung!!!! I really appreciate this discount that was given. I was putting too much thought into it while trying to claim it but it was actually really simple and easy to do. It only took you 24 hours to process my proof of Note 7 purchase and that was Awesome!! I even went and bought more items because the total was still less than the Note 7 cost and the Note 8 will be a great device to have. #Notelover4Life!

Constellation

Theres a problem with the preorder of the Note 8. Every time I try make it through the samsung website just sends a message saying: "We are unable to process your request at this time, Please try again later; we apologize for the inconvenienze"

Its been 2 days like this!

Astronaut

Given that I was one of those who had the NOTE 7 (And was forced to settle, at same price with the lesser quality and usability of the S7Edge ..
IS This going to be offered by the Carriers too?  

(I HATE .. absolutely HATE the S7Edge and have had to endure that thing now since the Note 7s were recalled (it was the 3rd phone in less than a month .. had the original Note7, got a replacement Note7, then no choice at all .. got stuck withthe S7Edge which is basically unproductive with my disabilities .. )

I also want to know if this is going to be in addition to the offer that comes with the preorder (and why was it chosen to offer the camera or wireless charger/memory card instead of having the customer make a choice -- like for the far more useful Gear Watches???) 

Again .. it's a matter of tracking my health and usefulness for my current life ..

(I am SICK and TIRED of the monthly billing for devices that are LESS Than premium .. I would also like to know why each carrier has a different price for the Note 8 .. and how come we can't purchase outright instead?)

Constellation

I am so much looking forward to the Note 8. Was about to jump on the previous note and then it was recalled, so I went for a S8+, but I missed using the S-Pen. In a few days the new Note arrives.

I was told from Samsung support that they will ship the note8 on the 5th, did any one get the same answer from them too?
I know that shipping by date and having it home are 2 different things, but on the offer for the Note7 customers was stated that we will get it before everyone else.
Does that mean that we will get it by the 7th?

Can a Samsung person, confirm this?
Samsung Moderator

Magic appearing Moderator! Hey @Dj_Damjano  ^_^

I do know that they are going to start mailing out pre-orders really early this time. I think some preference is being given to those that are involved in the Note 7 rebate. However, I do know that people could start getting their phones even as early as the 6th! Keep in mind that if you place the order after the 5th, they will prioritize those that put in the order before that date, but it might be sent out as early as the day after you order.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

I did order since the 24th via Note7 special, so I'm looking forward to get it on the 6th. lol
Constellation

I am having the same issues with trying to order...it's been 6 days & I still get same message...
***We are unable to process your request at this time.
Please try again later; we apologize for the inconvenience.***

Have you tried different browser and maybe clearing cache on your browser?