NEW Galaxy Note 8 *UPDATE*

Cosmic Ray

Re: NEW Galaxy Note 8 *UPDATE*

Nickle short and a day late, but T-Mobile let me out of my previous s7e contract (two phones after the Note 7 debacle) and paid them off so I could take advantage of their BOGO promotion.  But I also had the protection plan on those that also allowed for a free upgrade.  Didn't have to turn in either phone for BOGO promotion on the Note 8's and still qualify for the freebies.

I don't think Samsung has any control over the service carriers.  But T-Mobile did try to help their customers out.  At least they did with me.  So I'm just waiting for for my rebate Master Card with $930 on it.  Then either one phone will be paid off (eliminating that $30/month interest free payment) or split the payments on the two phones and pay them off sooner together.  Haven't decided which to do yet.

Constellation

Great phone and a really nice promotion. That is, if you can actually get the promotion. I'm now working on a month since I got my phone and still haven't made any progress on getting my 360 4k camera that I was told I would get when I purchase the phone.

Every time I call I get a different person that assures me that they will get back to me in 24-48 hours

Then 5-7 days

Then 5-7 business day

Then we've sent in an escalation you will be getting a response in 48 hours

We're sorry that you are having to go through this

blah blah blah blah blah

Still nothing, no response, no e-mail response, nothing.

Worst customer experience I've ever had. I have 3 samsung tv's, 2 samsung tablets, 2 samsung phones, as well as other expensive samsung devices and I'm thinking about just selling it all and moving on to another brand. This has left a real sour tast in my mouth about samsung in general

Nebula

yea..If only Sammy could improve in this area regarding pre-orders and promotions, they could make even a stronger link with the branding, but I am know one. What do I know?
Constellation

I had the misfortune to order Note 8! it's just a circus! two days status is confirmed - support me says your order is not confirmed! the e-mail is answered that the payment failed! but how? money is withdrawn from the account! recommend to order again! Okay, I cancel the order and order again. I send them a new order number ... and ... I get the answer that I sent them the old order number for which they returned the money! funny one - I sent them a new number for sure! funny two - what money they returned to me if they claimed that they did not receive them, that is, the payment did not pass! and now I'm beginning to think that if this is from the beginning, it may be better to retire from the desire to contact such a dishonest company ... where can I write a complaint about incompetent answers of the support service?

Astronaut

Did you ever get your phone?
Asteroid

NEW Galaxy Note 8 *UPDATE*

actually kinda upset with the note 8. Samsung screwed us one color selections so we're stuck looking at the ugly ones info the U.S.. secondly I never even got the note 7 discount that was promised.
Astronaut

Let's Be Real

Like many of you, I've owned my Note 8 from the very first day they hit stores - and was a Pre-order guy who totally loved the Note 7, which those of us unfortunately were forced to return. 

What I'm talking about in my subject line is this: 

Will the Note 9 TRULY 

Bring anything to the table for us that isn't already there on the 8? 

Yes - having that "floating fingerprint" identifier anywhere on the screen would be a sweet feature but we won't see that this time around. So someone please tell me what will REALLY set us apart from the 9 folks? 

Wasn't there a rumor going around once that Samsung's "even" numbered models were MUCH different from their odd ones? Anyone hear that one before? Lol. 

Think I'll just stick to the 8 for awhile since I've barely used it to the potential it has. Unless someone can change my mind about something special in it? 

Semper Fi 

Gunny 

Re: Let's Be Real

There might not be a note 9, not sure if you have read the rumors about the galaxy x project. Looks really cool, bendable/ foldable display. 

There is always a time that technology will stay still till new discoveries come out and make their way to mobile devices, but as of now I believe note 8 is the best phone in the market. 

I guess will wait and see what Samsung has up its sleeves for 2018.

Constellation

I hear you. I never bothered applying for the fast charger or 360° camera deal because the phone wasn't working well and I figured it'd just be one more thing to return. Despite my Note8 being my 4th or 5th and having 3 Sam TV's, I'm done with them because of piss poor response over my Note8. Looks like it'll be a great $1k camera, though. Looking into the Moto and HTC offerings to see what I want to replace the 8 with. 

Astronaut

Samsung is now offering up to $400 trade in for the S8,S7 and even the Note 5! My S7 Edge is in pristene condition, box accessories and all...ordered the Note 8 and sending them my S7 once the Note arrives Smiley Happy