NEW Galaxy Note 8 *UPDATE*

Halo

Re: NEW Galaxy Note 8 *UPDATE*

userQhAEM2We8B wrote:

I have been waiting months, following leaks to get any scrap of info on the Note 8.  I was a Note 7 owner, who had the gorgeous coral blue.  I pre-ordered it and absolutely LOVED that phone!  Now, I'm just really disappointed.  Only 2 colors in the U.S.??  Why?  I have been holding off getting a new phone, dealing with a gold s7 that I didn't want and now I can't get the best color of the phone I've been waiting on.  This might be the point where I switch back to an iPhone.

@QhAEM2We8 are you serious color is your reason give me a break! Do you not realize what Samsung is getting away with here & you want to bring up the color doesn't match your wallet or something more prevalent as getting treated equally and that they are ripping us all off by giving us "a free upgrade if your downgrade phone is paid off, if your credit is 720 or higher & to top it off they are not taking into effect all the crap you had to go through to get downgraded from your note 7 to whatever piece of junk phone they made you take not once but twice with that said color is your gripe ? C'mon MAN! So when does your new Note8 getting delivered?

Constellation

Got my phone yesterday. That was fast! Pretty nice looking phone, BUT: It runs pretty hot to the touch when using it. The battery seems too small for such a large phone. Under minimal use, I won't even get a full day's use out of it. I upgraded to the Note 8 from S7 Edge. The 802.11 AC WiFi signal is extremely weak only giving me 2 bars on the couch in front of my router; whereas. my S7 edge would work great on all 3 floors of my house with AC WiFi. Also, the cell reception is very weak, even seeing one bar of 1x signal today. Definitely regretting my choice of phones. On the positive side, the speaker quality and screen is much nicer that the S7E. I'm sure the camera is nice too but I have yet to test it. Thankfully this Verizon Note 8 version isn't stamped with the giant Verizon logo all over the place like everything else.

that is to be expected for the first couple of days due to the phone downloading and updating apps. 

Just keep rebooting it at least once a day

Astronaut

still waiting for my Note 7 offer pre-order to update / ship, guess I wasn't one of those so called note 7 priority customers.

[ Edited ]

How. Are. Carrier. Pre-orders. Shipping. Out. Before. Samsung.com "priority" note 7 survivors.... I cannot stand Samsung customer service. 

Constellation

When did you place your pre-order? I put mine through for the T-Mobile model on August 28th and still have no update, either. I'm afraid to place a call to customer service only to find out that I should expect delivery in October..... 

Keepn in mind, you have about 4 days of orders that were placed before you, so they will ship yours (if we do the math), by friday, if they have enough supplies.
It seems that the issue with the orders being delayed is that majority of orders were with the wireless charger and Memory card, and those items were not enough to fulfill the demand, so they are waiting for them before shipping out the phone.
I ordered mine on the 25th and I'm getting it today.
Constellation

Data is so slow, only getting 3-5mbps on Verizon LTE.

Astronaut

Sad. Excited to hear about a new Note, but I won't buy a phone with a sealed battery. Pass.

Cosmic Ray

@DJ.....Makes sense. Ofcourse its cheaper for Samsung to ship everything together. They gave me free 2 day shipping.....Not sure about everyone else. Id prefer they ship the phone by itself if the accessories arent readily available to go out.