NEW Galaxy Note 8 *UPDATE*

Constellation

Re: NEW Galaxy Note 8 *UPDATE*

Is there any chance that Samsung will update the note 8 software to include the "Link to Action" feature?  With the Note 7 I had to download the Note 5 software to get this feature back.  For people involved with sales it's an invaluable feature.  On my Note 3 during a call when I pull out my s-pen and take a note, next time I talk to that number a note icon comes up, I click on it and see the notes I took on a previous call with that contact.  It helps to remember prices quoted, jobs discussed, personal information on the contact like children, anniversarys, etc. which help to cement the relationship and make the sale.  

Also the ability to draw around a number then click on it to call it or add it to contacts.  

We need our link to action feature back please!  Is there any chance Samsung will make this happen?

Constellation

If you had the Note 7, you CAN return your Note 4 for the $425 credit.  

But you need to call in at 800-726-7864 then hit option 1.  You can select them to call you back instead of waiting, then as soon as you get they call you back an operator is on the phone in less than a minute.  

Tell them you have a Note 4, they will want your order number, so it is best if you order from the site, just select the Note 5 as the trade in.  Then tell the Samsung operator that you have a Note 4 and he/she will put in the notes that you will be returning a Note 4.  Then when you get the Note 8, and transfer your data to your new Note 8, do a hard reset on your Note 4 to erase all the data, remove your SIM card and your Memory card, and send the Note 4 back to Samsung.  

They told me those select devices are there as anyone can trade in one of those phones for a $300 credit.  This $425 deal is for ANY smartphone, but ONLY for registered Note 7 purchasers.  So we went through the recalls twice, now they are trading in whatever smartphone we have for the $425 credit on the new Note 8.  THANK YOU SAMSUNG!  You can also get an unlocked phone for the same price as a carrier specific phone at the same price.  Then you don't have all the Bloatware on your device that you can't remove, and if you want to change carriers, you can.  That's what I call a win win!

Constellation

It depends on what you are trading in, Verizon would only give me $50 for my Note 3 on a Note 8.  As a previous Note 7 buyer, when I called into Samsung at 800-726-7864 they told me to select Note 5 from the "trading in screen" and he would put in the notes I'm sending in my Note 3 and I will get the full $425 credit.  He said for all Note 7 purchasers we get $425 for ANY Smartphone we trade in.  That's better for me than the Verizon phone, and I got an Unlocked phone at that price, so no bloatware or locked to a carrier.  A true win win.  Thanks Samsung.

Constellation

Apparently neither was I. Pre Ordered on September 1st and was told I have to wait until October 1st to get my phone. Samsung customer care on the phone is a joke as well. >.< If it wasn't for the massive discount of an unlocked Note 8 that I get for being a Note 7 owner I would have ordered it from my carrier and had my phone in hand by now. This is not cool Samsung...been a staunch supporter of all thing Samsung ever since the 3rd Note...

It seems that note 8 is in back order due to overwhelming demand. 

All carries are in the same boat. 

Preorder are on a record high. 

Constellation

You get any updates yet? Several of my friends have their Note 8s in hand. They ordered through carrier, I did through Samsung on Note 7 Deal. Same day, they've had theirs for almost a full week now and I have yet to even receive tracking

I preordered it on the 25th and i got mine grew days ago. 

I have seen ppl that preordered with Samsung on the 30 th and they got tracking (not sure if it was 30th or 28th)

Cosmic Ray

Still waiting for a confirmation or tracking info from the 26th.

Constellation

Do you think they will accept the LG V10 

Constellation

[ Edited ]

This is some bull i ordered my phone Aug 30, and didn't even get a proper shipping date. Then called up Samsung and the operator tells me, that i would be getting my phone at the end of September. it was to my understanding that if i preorder my phone after my note 7 forced return i would get the note 8 a lot earlier then everyone else.