NEW Galaxy Note 8 *UPDATE*

Asteroid

Re: NEW Galaxy Note 8 *UPDATE*

(userHcpgj5cbzU wrote:

If you had the Note 7, you CAN return your Note 4 for the $425 credit.  

But you need to call in at 800-726-7864 then hit option 1.  You can select them to call you back instead of waiting, then as soon as you get they call you back an operator is on the phone in less than a minute.  

Tell them you have a Note 4, they will want your order number, so it is best if you order from the site, just select the Note 5 as the trade in.  Then tell the Samsung operator that you have a Note 4 and he/she will put in the notes that you will be returning a Note 4.  Then when you get the Note 8, and transfer your data to your new Note 8, do a hard reset on your Note 4 to erase all the data, remove your SIM card and your Memory card, and send the Note 4 back to Samsung.  

They told me those select devices are there as anyone can trade in one of those phones for a $300 credit.  This $425 deal is for ANY smartphone, but ONLY for registered Note 7 purchasers.  So we went through the recalls twice, now they are trading in whatever smartphone we have for the $425 credit on the new Note 8.  THANK YOU SAMSUNG!  You can also get an unlocked phone for the same price as a carrier specific phone at the same price.  Then you don't have all the Bloatware on your device that you can't remove, and if you want to change carriers, you can.  That's what I call a win win!)

This is not true. I purchased the Note 8 today and selected the Note 5 as a trade in today. When I called they told me that even though I was a Note 7 owner prior, that my Note 4 was not eligible for trade in.

I immediately returned to my account and cancelled the order. I've had so many issues with samsung products that their Note phone was the only thing of theirs I would buy now. I guess with this poorly setup "deal" I will be done with samsung. Sad because I really liked their Note line and chose to stay even though I had to return two of the Note 7s.

I'm sure I'm not the first to jump ship and I'm sure I won't be the last.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I did clear cache and tried with another browser but same still can't finish my purchase!

Do you have any other idea?

Constellation

I was told that you can get the $425.00 trade in if you have a note 4 as well.  Is that true?  I was trying to upgrade to the note 7 but was turned away due to the battery issues.  What do I need to do to do the $425.00 trade in with my note 4?  Thanks, LB

Asteroid

You can't. I followed the instructions that were posted on page 6. The samsung rep told me that only the phones listed could be turned in for the $425.00.

I cancelled my oreder. I have to say I am really pissed at samsung for this shoddy deal. I got screwed on the Note 7 just like all the others and should be able to get the Note 8.

Constellation

I preordered on sept 9. got confirmation email saying it would ve delivered by the 14th. got a follow up email saying they were sorry and it would not be shipped till next week which is upcoming. I am awaiting a email with shipped info. Fingers crossed. an't wait
Constellation

I was really looking forward to upgrading to the new note 8 but since I was one of the note 7 owners I got stuck with a s7 edge that I still owe $500 on before I can upgrade. I decided I would just pay this one out and switch brands when it is time to upgrade.

Cosmic Ray

Asteroid

Seems that folks being upset at not getting the deal promised by samsung after the Note 7 debacle is gaining traction on the internet.

It is much harder to get folks back than it is to keep them. 

Constellation

Samsung only offerred me $300 for a trade in for my almost new Galaxy S7 Edge with the purchase of a new Note 8.  Why are they not giving me my full $425 since I pre ordered the Note 8?

Were you a note 7 owner?

If not, that is why. 

If you were, call them and see if you have to cancel and reorder.