*NEW* Samsung Premium Care

Samsung Moderator

*NEW* Samsung Premium Care

[ Edited ]
Hey all!

It's that time again for something new and awesome. Did you take advantage of the In Home Onboarding?  Or maybe you took advantage of the Samsung Protection Plus plan? Welcome to all of this in one place and one plan that will help with your warranty, your troubleshooting, and your support! Samsung is launching a Premium Care customer service for owners of Galaxy S8 devices. This service will be the next generation of Samsung’s Protection Plus plan offering additional components such as “We Come To You” support for $11.99 a month. The offering will initially be available on Samsung.com with the first 30 days free.

Samsung_Premium_Care_logo_horiz_blk_RGB.PNG

Cool right? No more trying to follow steps over the computer or phone, now someone will come to you and give you more hands on support. Samsung Premium Care is a radical new approach to service, one that empowers you to get the most out of your phone, and gives you all the protection and assistance you need to keep it working like new. Samsung Premium Care covers everything from set up to troubleshooting to repair and replacement, with a team of experts ready to come to you to get it done.

FAQs
1.     What is this and how is it different from carrier plans?
  • Premium care combines accidental damage protection and 24/7 support with a unique “we come to you” service offering that allows consumers to get help or to replace their broken phone without leaving their home or office. Additionally, the monthly pay offering means that consumers are insured and covered for as long as they continue paying the monthly fee.
2.     What products are covered under Premium Care?
  • Currently, Premium Care will only be applicable to Galaxy S8 devices.
3.     Where is Premium Care going to be offered and when can it be purchased?
  • Premium Care will be offered first on samsung.com with the first 30 days free starting on 3/29. All consumers of Galaxy S8 devices can purchase Premium Care on samsung.com as long as they purchased the device from a Samsung retailer (no auctions, etc.)

Premium Care.GIF

Naturally I'm sure those that are interested in the new S8 and S8 Plus are excited to hear about this. You can find more information about this new program here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/premium-care/

What do you think? Let us know!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

27 REPLIES
Asteroid

Re: *NEW* Samsung Premium Care

Here's a random question: how does one become a Samsung rep that goes and helps? I would find that fun and interesting 

Constellation

How does one sign up for Premium Care?

Samsung Moderator

Hey @userYDmwiUOL5T 

If you click on the link in the original post there is an "Enroll Now" button to use. Just for the sake of ease, here is that link again:  http://www.samsung.com/us/support/premium-care/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

You might have problems to enroll..i have been on the phone for an hour today and I just keep getting transferred.  The samsumg plus app is not working/getting updated  and no one at samsung or premium care or billing department seem to know who can help enroll me. How aggravating. Good luck.

Constellation

www.samsung.com/us/mobile/mobile-accessories/phones/premium-care-hhp-adh1-pb4/  I used this link and I am enrolled online.  I hope.

Constellation

Thank you, this helped 

Asteroid

Hi-

I've enrolled in, used, then (eventually) cancelled Samsung Premium Plus for my Samsung S8+. Backstory: I cracked my S8+ less than two weeks after having it. Never mind that the Corning Gorrilla Glass was supposed to be EVEN BETTER than the glass on my S7 Edge that I had for two years and never cracked, which left me with less faith in the newer phone, but I digress:

I was disappointed in the service for three major reasons (cost, not being one of them, thank you, Samsung!):

1. Length of time to receive replacement: It took over a week to receive my replacement phone. The on-site help was not available in my area, so I had to wait. Going through my carrier would've taken 6 days less, but cost me only about $50 more. At no point was I informed of the actual length of time it would take, so I kept checking on the ambiguous status in vain. Had I known that it was going to take that long, I would've gone through my carrier. 

2. Replacement phone: When I finally did receive my replacement phone, it was not the same phone (color) as I originally purchased. They said that there was no way they could guarantee the color; even went so far as to include that wording in the paperwork that came with the replacement phone. "Yeah, we know it's not the same color. Deal. [paraphrased]" That is a HUGE miss on Samsung's part! If I wanted the different color, I would've paid for it originally. I didn't buy it because I DIDN'T LIKE IT.

3. Cancellation process: There is no clear, easy way to cancel the subscription to Premium Care. You HAVE to call the number; you can't unenroll as easily as you can enroll. 

All things said, I love Samsung! There is plenty of room for improvement in the Premium Care process, though.

Suggestions:

1. Like for like swaps! You're the manufacturer. Make sure that the replacement phone has the same specs (including color!) as the original phone or at least give us the option. I hate my replacement phone!

2. Hire more techs/vendors so that same day/next day service is available at or near rollout of this wonderful new program. It's a teaser for the folks who don't get the same level of premium service. IMHO, if same day/next day/hand delivered service is not available in our area, we should pay less until it IS available.

3. Give us the ability to unenroll from Premium Care online.

Thank you for taking the time to read.

Asteroid

The Premium Care is contracted through Assurant, which is the same insurance provider as ALL major US carriers. I almost had the same issue, upon filing my claim I received an email from Assurant confirming said claim and detailing how, if available I would receive the same device, but if not I would receive a similar device.

This was unacceptable for me. I switched from the iPhone last year, so I'm more use to a truly 'PREMIUM' level of care. Therefore, I called Assurant and had them cancel my claim and corporate email bombed Samsung. 

As I detailed in my email to Samsung, Samsung is offering this premium protection under the Samsung brand, and it's only on two of their devices. Therefore, Samsung should have more than enough S8+ to guarantee I receive the same Make, Model and Color as the original purchase. Personally I don't care who they are third-partying the claims out to, that's none of my business, but if you are going to offer insurance for your mobile devices under the Samsung Brand then I better be getting what I paid for. Not only that, the advertisement for Premium Care clearly says you will receive a Brand New or Certified Like New device in exchange for the broken device and deductible. So, if you don't have my exact make, model and color in certified like new you should replace with brand new. 

Recieved a call from Samsung today,a brand new device is in the mail and being over nighted to my home address. 

Astronaut

You should give this, for free to all those your are making wait for a back order.....