Note 8 and Android Auto

Cosmic Ray

Note 8 and Android Auto

The Android Auto app worked flawlessly between my S7 Edge and my Hyundai.  I got the Note 8 yesterday and I cannot get it to link up with the car.  Something tells me it is not compatible, which is a real problem since I use GoogleMaps and Waze for my GPS.  Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: Note 8 and Android Auto

Just got the note 8 today and it won't connect to android auto on my pioneer avic-6200nex 

Constellation

Same here. Can't connect to AA in any of my vehicles with my Note 8.  S7 Edge worked perfectly.  Even the AA app crashes after it has been fully setup. It will launch on the phone, but as soon as I set the app up and allow notifications, it crashes.  With Sync 3 version 3.0 in my 2016 mustang, the Note 8 won't even connect. It just gives an incompatible USB device, please unplug warning.

Cosmic Ray

I p[osted my problem on the Android Auto site, and got this response:

"

The USB debugging was made on my S8 by a friend, he told me is easy.
No succes after....the USB debugging having AA and Waze installed.
So to fix the problem, my way, on my Samsung Galaxy 8 I uninstalled the Android Auto app.
From Settings-Device maintenance-Memory-Clear now   I performed clear now a few times.
Restarted the S8, and again I have done: Settings-Device maintenance-Memory-Clear now  and again I performed clear now a few times
Installed again Android Auto on S8 being outside of the Bluetooth car zone, just to avoid any interferences. So I was far enough from the car.
Next step was to connect the S8 to the car, start the engine, wait to see the phone screen and the car display stabilizing and communicating. Next I followed the guiding messages on the S8 screen, said ''OK Google'' when asked, pressed the AA on car's display and now, all is OK. I used Google maps and Waze.
I've made il an hour ago and i travelled for about 30 min with one total stop to refuel.
At the end of the Setting list I see the Developer options that has a gray dot and also the all the components in this folder; the USB debugging has a gray dot also."

On the Note 8, I couldn't find the Memory - Clear Now, but did uninstall and re-installed AA and it now works on my 2017 Hyundai Sante Fe.  Nice to have it.
Constellation

Android Auto will not work with 6200.  Need 7 inch screen.  Appradio will work but needs a HDMI hookup  (see manual)  I am attempting to do this but have to find a correct adapter 

Need to use a hdmi cable and usb hooked into one port on radio (to power the adapter) they both hook up to the hdmi adapter which must have someway to connect to the phones sub c port.  The only adapter I can find that has this is a $89 Apple device that I am not sure will work (yet)   I am still researching and will update

Astronaut

Mercedes gle 350 does not recognize my note 8. I previously had s7 . it worked perfecly with android auto. having buyer's remorse on note 8