Note 8 backspace runs wild...

Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 8 backspace runs wild...

Well let's see if anyone else in the Community is seeing this problem and has a workaround.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

So, there's not so much as a spreadsheet or searchable list of reported problems. Waiting for some random solution to appears sounds like an excellent idea....if you're Samsung. If we wait six months you can eventually tell me, "It's over half a year old, what do you expect us to do about such an old phone. I'll take it back to US Cellular and ask nicely for a new phone. If no dice, I'll contact the WI State's Atty office and get the ball rolling. I'll also start stopping strangers on the street and telling them about how awful Samsung treats their customers after the sale of an expensive phone that has more bugs than a picnic.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Update; wasted 1½ hours at US Cellular (counting the wait) and they decided to do a factory reset. In addition to the fun of reloading all saved BBS passwords, Facebook, etc. and losing existing text threads, I ended up with no difference on the backspace problem. Shame to end up with so much grief on a $1k phone.

Constellation

Finally found a workaround for the "sticking backspace" issue. I bought a Moto Z2 Force. It will take a little time to acclimate myself to everything being "the same but different", but so far I am very impressed. One by one, all of my Samsung devices like TVs and such will be replaced with other brands. I know it may take years, but keep driving people away and you'll be competing with Nokia for flip-fone market share in Zambia.

Astronaut

Did i write this? 

Christ, this has been an issue with me and Android now,  literally for years.  Every time I've used my Jump feature with t mobile, to try and change phones to something that won't do this wild backspace delete cursor problem I'm just defeated because nothing ever works and it's made my whole experience of a new Note 8 such a bummer.

I've lost a lot of important things  I'd written bc of this issue.  

By the time I would be done like of course I wouldn't have the energy to write my piece all over again, how could I?  Exhausted from the first story I'd write, just the fact of knowing that my phone was doing this was exhausting to me .  So , I don't even try anymore and I better go ahead and post this before my message gets randomly backspace deleted. As usual.  So so so annoying. And depressing. I am barely scraping  by to pay for a Phone thats still doing the same thing that my galaxy.. whatever 2,3 or 4  did years ago. Uhhh. It's maddening. 

Just thinking about it puts me in a horrible mood. Thanks for your time though sorry you're having any problems with your phone. I understand it's really the pits.

Astronaut

Agree 100%and right there with ya.
It's maddening and it's so bleeping frustrating.
It's depressing to me to be honest.
This is not what I'm financing over $1,000 for not at all. But good luck with your phone. Sorry about the problem. I HATE my note 8. Since the 1st time it pulled the random backspace delete glitch on me which was within 2 weeks of ownership. Wait correction- make that rentalship. Rental- **bleep** actually.

I installed another keyboard (Swype) and fixed this issue.  See if that works!

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Just got my new Samsung 8 note last night.  And I have had the running wild backspace button several times. 

I cannot believe there was no help for this besides downloading a 3rd party keyboard!  Ridiculous.

Another issue with the keyboard is it randomly doubles up on whole words or phrases then continues texting what I'm typing.