Note 9 is absolutely useless

Asteroid

Note 9 is absolutely useless

[ Edited ]

It doesn't understand talk to text no matter what you do. Even for this post I have had to type it. I have had a note 3 for many years. Never had a problem. Only reason I tried to upgrade was a carrier change because  Sprint service has gone to. Verizon customer support didn't even try to help because they know there is no fix. You also can't even schedule text message to go out at a different time or date. That is a most basic function and it's not there. This, so called,  Great phone is going back. The talk to text has gotten worse with each attempted use. To the point that it actually thinks I'm speaking another language. And no the language hasn't change in the settings.  Oh, and another fun little thing it does when you're trying to do talk to text, If it messes up and you restart in the middle of a sentence it capitalizes the 1st word you start out with, no matter where in the sentence it is. Commas are typically karma and. Spelled out And forget it understanding you! Not to mention the little man in the bottom right hand corner, navigation, even though I have disabled it, it's still there and easily touched by accident. It will start and is aggravating as. This is the most expensive, Useless Item. This seems to be like their attempt at appliances. Samsung used to be the go to product manufacture…. Well, things change right?

Was on chat with Verizon and they tried powering off and on, I believe just to appease me,  Knowing it wasn't going to help. ( PS. I'm attempting to use talk to text now) Which is a joke and just you off because it doesn't work. They referred me to Samsung and I was on chat for nearly 3 hours. At the end the girl wanting me to reset the phone. No  way!!! I was not about to waste my time anymore with this piece of junk. And have to re install and set up everything including my contacts.......NO NO NO NO. Don't waste your  Time or money folks. And another fun little thing it does, when you're trying to fix what it has up from talk to text, you click where you want to fix it , you see the cursor where you  Where you want to fix it, but once you  Start typing it has jumped to the  end. OMG!! Just trying to do this post has me so OFF , not worth  My TIME!!!!!!!!!

And now their forum  Doesn't want to post my statement because I have a bad word..........reallly...WOW!!!!

2 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: Note 9 is absolutely useless

How odd. It works fine for me. Maybe you didn't train your voice properly or it needs more training. I have mine connected to every samsung item in the house plus social and business connections. I talk: it writes, listens, lights, sets temperatures, starts and stops the laundry, keeps all my family and friends in touch with simple speech.

I love how you mention Carriers in a Samsung Forum. That's way off topic and unrelated. Maybe you received a lemon? Maybe you're too old school to learn new technology? Maybe you need to go back to a Note 3 and start your journey again? 

Thanks for the long post. I had to DELETE the carrier conversation out of my head to read the post. When life throws you lemons, adapt and make lemonade. Smiley Happy Good luck!

Constellation

Re: Note 9 is absolutely useless

Hello, did you know you can change the pitch and speed of voice to text? If you are in a area with lack of service or intermittent service you will also have problems with speak to text. Also you can schedule a message through Samsung messages. You just go to add in the upper left of the keyboard layout and press schedule message.