Smart Things App - automations not working

SOLVED
Highlighted
Asteroid

Smart Things App - automations not working

I have th Samsung ET-WV520 Connect Home.  It works perfectly.  I downloaed the Smart Things App and added 2 devices ... a Sylvania smart + plg and a Phillips Hue smart lightbulb.  I can control both devices manually .. can turn on/turn off.  I can adjust the brightness level for the bulb, etc.  I have setup automations to turn on and off at certian times.  Nothing happens.  No error message.  Nothing.  Needless to sy I have reloaded app, rebooted home connect, etc.  Nothing helps.  The automation input is logical and starightforward.  I am not making a mistake (confirmed by my friend with the same system and who has 30+ devices and numerour automations).  I have an iPhone 7.  Any thughts as to what the issue is?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Asteroid
Solution
Accepted by SamsungLou (Samsung Moderator)
4 weeks ago

Re: Smart Things App - automations not working

Problem solved.  The Samsung tech team did not provide the answer.  My friend and I figured it out.  It was so simple I cannot believe this is not part of the tech teams checklist to go through.  I did not have location information turned on.  Once I turned this on, the automations worked.

5 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Please reach out to our SmartThings support team directly at 866-813-2404 for assistance with your automation settings..

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

Thanks.  I talked to Samsung support earlier today, but not at this number.  They are escalating the issue.  Is the number you supplied directed to a different group at Samsung ?

Samsung Moderator

That number is a direct line to the SmartThings Support team.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid
Solution
Accepted by SamsungLou (Samsung Moderator)
4 weeks ago

Problem solved.  The Samsung tech team did not provide the answer.  My friend and I figured it out.  It was so simple I cannot believe this is not part of the tech teams checklist to go through.  I did not have location information turned on.  Once I turned this on, the automations worked.

Samsung Moderator

That is good news! Thank you for sharing your solution.