Where to go from here

Pilot

Where to go from here

As a devoted Samsung user myself, I thought what better but to ask fellow "Samsungers" as you know the real sh*$. I am old school and didn't grow up with.... blah blah blah. You've heard it all before. My current phone is an S5. I like it due to the quality of pictures I receive. I am an artist, turning photographer, and have had great success so far. BUT. I am aware that I must move onto bigger and better things. Isn't that the American way? So the question of the day is: To What? Mind you, I don't want to hear any Apple crap. It's out of the question. I need to know your opinion on which phone to get that enables me to put out (Smiley Surprised) the best photos without having to read a 3" instruction manual. I appreciate all the wonderful, knowledgeable advice you can give me.
2 REPLIES
Cosmic Ray

Re: Where to go from here

[ Edited ]

I upgraded from the S5 to the S7 and there is a significant improvement with the new Dual Pixel technology in the camera and low-light quality albeit at the expense of going from a 16 megapixel to a 12 megapixel sensor. The S8 has essentially the same camera on back (https://news.samsung.com/global/in-depth-look-fast-fun-and-in-focus-the-galaxy-s8-camera). The real upgrade is with the Note 8 running a dual camera set up both with OIS (https://news.samsung.com/global/in-depth-look-2-redefining-mobile-photography-the-camera-of-the-gala...

But that's a very expensive upgrade right now, unless you can find a screaming holiday deal. Other Android phones with stellar cameras include Google Pixel 2 XL, HTC U11, LG V30 and G6. But if you're happy with your Samsung experience you can't go wrong with the camera on the S7, S8, or Note 8. I think it depends on if you need or value a dual camera set up for what you do. 

Constellation

Re: Where to go from here

The Note 8 camera is INCREDIBLE, words don't do it justice. The dual camera is awesom and switching back and forth between 1x and 2x is a quick tap on the screen. Picture quality is top notch. Sadly, my particular phone has operational problems so I'm having my first exposure with Samsung customer service. There pretty much is none, they might as well merge with the NFL and just take a knee to let me know I should go away.