s8+ snapdragon bootloader

I payed alot of money for this phone and not to Have an option to unlock the snapdragon version bootloader is a slap in the face. the European version can why not American version? we Have the right to modify,break, and throw are phone how we see fit. so why not give it to us. why would we want it unlock because Samsung is slow at updates. at this writing we Have not seen september security update and it's at the end of October and there are people that can deliver better security updates faster than Samsung whole company. just like Android O been out for at least a month we won't get it until 4 to 5 months from october. we can get it faster from other sources probably with in 2 weeks if the bootloader was unlocked. We are not asking you to give up nothing if normal people don't root their phones just give us the option with that little on and off option in developer menu that's all.
4 REPLIES

Re: s8+ snapdragon bootloader

I understand your frustration, @Firesilverblade. I would like to see some of these things myself. 

Here's the truth: rooting or modifying your device will still void your warranty. Just like that. It's hard to support something when it is so far gone with modifications here or there. 

Your feedback is important though. I'll be sure to pass it along. 

I Have no warranty on my phone but I still want to get updates faster by the Android community than Samsung could ever do. Im 2 months behind on security patches.
Astronaut

I agree for $1,000 each a note 8 like mine should the allowed to be rooted just like any computer can be modified by adding or changing Hardware or software why are we were refused access to our own equipment

Some if us don't care about warranty or support from Samsung. I recently got a note 8 after leaving my former employer (a fruit company) and I was pretty excited to have a device I can modify and play with. Although I enjoy the phone it's missing that Android freedom. A bootloader unlocking service like HTC has would be the best answer. I feel, right now, like I went from owning a rather boring device to owning another boring device. I'm not sure how long I'll stay with Samsung as the grass wasn't greener. If something changes and we can get the bootloaders unlocked maybe I'll keep the device. Maybe I can build my own modified versions of android again and tailor the perfect hardware to my ideal software.