cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager

First Look: Samsung Galaxy A50

ICYMI: the Samsung Galaxy A50 was just released, and I can't wait to get my hands on one. There are a bunch of really great features that I'm looking forward to.

A50-Featured-Post_Image-3_Small.jpg

Here is my list: 

The price is right: First things first - cost. The A50 comes in at a cool $349.99, making it one of the more affordable options around. It’s also jam-packed with powerful features. Lots of value if you’re looking to save without sacrificing performance.

All day, Fast Charging Battery: The A50 comes with a battery that can go the distance - from sun up to sunset. When you need more juice, you can power up in a flash with Fast Charging.

Multi-lens Camera: With 25MP and three specialized lenses, you can take everything from vibrant photos in low-light to extra flattering selfies. The A50 is the only camera you’ll ever need.

Ultra-wide Camera: The A50 camera also has an Ultra-wide camera with 123° field of vision. No more squeezing everyone in the group photo into a cramped frame. If you can see it with your eyes, you’ll see it in Ultra-wide.

Infinity Display: The 6.4” Super AMOLED screen with edge-to-edge display fits snuggly in your hand. Show off that sleek, stylish design comfortably.

Three Samsung photographers were lucky enough to get an exclusive test drive of the A50 at the A Series Unpacked event earlier this spring. Check out these features in action as they roam through Bangkok.

Ready for photos like those and features that don't quit? Order yours here

10 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does it have Bixby?  If so, you'll want to pass.  Samsung's invasive, unremovable, and un-disableable bloatwhere known as Bixby, that's in all of the latest Galaxy series' phones, gives Samsung the keys to all of your data, and there's almost nothing you can do about it unless you're willing to endure an annoying and embarrassing voice prompt every time you accidentally hit the Bixby button -- a prompt that you can't turn off unless and until you accept the Bixby terms of service -- terms that give Samsung unrevokable rights to all your data.  If that wasn't true, they wouldn't have worked so hard to make it almost a necessity to sign over your privacy.  

BaboontesTer
Astronaut

Sadly, I'll agree with Anonymous. Bixby is garbage.

May start looking at other brands next year if Bixby is still unremovable. 

SurferGrl
Asteroid

Amazing. Cant wait to try it out

Community Manager
Community Manager

Excited for you, @SurferGrl! Get all the details you need and order online, here.

userzsxDokitfm
Constellation

I have had no trouble making Bixby go away,  this is a good phone so far, I've had it for about a week,  but I have a stupid question.  The phone came with a little wire loop in a plastic baggie

@SamsungAlix wrote:

ICYMI: the Samsung Galaxy A50 was just released, and I can't wait to get my hands on one. There are a bunch of really great features that I'm looking forward to.

A50-Featured-Post_Image-3_Small.jpg

Here is my list: 

The price is right: First things first - cost. The A50 comes in at a cool $349.99, making it one of the more affordable options around. It’s also jam-packed with powerful features. Lots of value if you’re looking to save without sacrificing performance.

All day, Fast Charging Battery: The A50 comes with a battery that can go the distance - from sun up to sunset. When you need more juice, you can power up in a flash with Fast Charging.

Multi-lens Camera: With 25MP and three specialized lenses, you can take everything from vibrant photos in low-light to extra flattering selfies. The A50 is the only camera you’ll ever need.

Ultra-wide Camera: The A50 camera also has an Ultra-wide camera with 123° field of vision. No more squeezing everyone in the group photo into a cramped frame. If you can see it with your eyes, you’ll see it in Ultra-wide.

Infinity Display: The 6.4” Super AMOLED screen with edge-to-edge display fits snuggly in your hand. Show off that sleek, stylish design comfortably.

Three Samsung photographers were lucky enough to get an exclusive test drive of the A50 at the A Series Unpacked event earlier this spring. Check out these features in action as they roam through Bangkok.

Ready for photos like those and features that don't quit? Order yours here

,  what is this for? 

useryvDlzU9gWZ
Astronaut

ATTENTION SAMSUNG !

The A50 screen is ONLY 6.19" not 6.4".

That is deceptive and false advertising. You need to quickly call your legal teams together and change all mention of the screen being 6.4". Even on your page

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-a50/

the images show the screen does not go to the bottom of the phone.

userMYgcWMeA3F
Constellation

Samsung employees, when is the Galaxu S50 coming to T-Mobile?  It is already listed for Version, ATT, and Sprint.

userhSlebQx7N5
Constellation

Unlocked version? Some people have T-Mobile. 

amzoun95
Constellation

I haven't faced any issues regarding the camera of A50, I've taken lots of pics with it in different lighting conditions & they turn out to be pretty good also the night mode come really handy in low light conditions.

9Apps Showbox Tutuapp

Community Manager
Community Manager

Great to hear, @amzoun95! Would love to see what you've got in the Creator Group.