News and Announcements

Introducing the Galaxy Z Flip

Samsung Dusty
Samsung Employee
Options

As the world’s first foldable glass smartphone, the Galaxy Z Flip’s revolutionary form factor opens up a whole new world of mobile experiences, and gives you even more options to express yourself.

Check out the specs in the infogrphic and click here to read more. 

38 Comments
Phantom
Comet
Options

I honestly can't believe how far technology has came. I love living in this tech boom era. And I can't wait to pick up my own foldable device soon!

userR4eEb6IW66
Constellation
Options

I love this new Z Flip phone. Looks like Samsung may have really figured out the folding issue. Now if they could add a stylus it would be perfect!

GroundChuck
Constellation
Options

02/23 Update - After dealing with eight (yes, 😎 different representatives (all very patient and wanting to solve my issue), forwarding these picks three times, and providing my Samsung Order Number twice (yes, the Samsung reps didn't have my Samsung Order Number...), I got my refund on 2/20.  

My guess (with ZERO facts), maybe cold weather/wearhouse/truck made the screen brittle.   Maybe, I'll turn on the phone and let the screen warm up a bit before folding...

Original Post:

I just folded my phone for the first time.  While I anticipated an "bump" at the crease, should I be  concerned that the crease looks like (to me) both spider web cracking and screen bubbles?  Fortunately (for now), no visible dead pixels.

Phone1.jpgPhone2.jpgPhone3.jpg

Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options

I recommend reaching out to our Galaxy Z Premier Service, they can be reached at 888-970-3653.

JC1153
Constellation
Options

I have the z flip and love it so far.  Samsung HAS to update the phone so we can have the small external display  be an "always on" function.  There's no way to see if you missed notifications without waking the little screen up.  So annoying!

keerthibandara
Constellation
Options

Very interesting design

usery5f7HgVaaU
Astronaut
Options

I have the z flip and love it up until now. Samsung HAS to refresh the telephone so we can have the little outside showcase be a "consistently on" work. It is highly unlikely to check whether you missed warnings without awakening the little screen. So irritating!

Bryan321
Cosmic Ray
Options

I have a plan to buy a folding touch display phone... As Samsung announced, they released a limited quantity Cat Frustrated. So just waiting for the next releaseCat Indifferent. I will try to be the top 100 who will buy that phone or any better model release from SamsungCat Mad.

Samsung_8HOWLtR
Constellation
Options
This has been the WORST experience of my life with any product. I have lost all respect for Samsung. Clearly the Z Flip isn't ready for release. It took a chat (which got nowhere) then a phone call which had to be escalated to someone that had absolutely no idea what a Z Flip was just to get it registered. It finally shows up under "My products" with a warranty status of "unknown". You'd think there would have been a warranty in the box, but I guess that's not ready yet. The website was useless (again) and led to another phone call with another clueless person. After way too much time on the phone he said he would send the warranty information via email, but it probably wouldn't show up under "My products". Well he was right there. All he sent was a generic Samsung link to warranties for all their products. Go ahead and try to "View Warranty Details" for the Z Flip - NOTHING! The link does NOTHING! SAMSUNG, GET YOUR DUCKS IN A ROW! It's not just Samsung that isn't ready; the problems I've had with Verizon and another carrier just go on and on. It's like the IMEI just doesn't exist in anyone's database. You can't even order Premium Care for it (check YouTube for another guy's frustration with this thing that no one at Samsung seems to know anything about). This thing will probably go back tomorrow and I'll be done with Samsung forever. I spent way too much money, time, and aggravation on it. I'd advise anyone considering a Z Flip to wait. Samsung and the world just aren't ready.
userIpgCirUoL1
Constellation
Options

I honestly can't believe that I was told by one of your Samsung representative at best buy that long nails could damage this phone and by that break it. The representative let everyone hold it but bc I had long nails I couldn't touch it. If this the case I will have you know alot of people have long nails. So half the population cant use this phone is what I'm seeing this as. Why are you selling this if that's the case? 

users0aW2hc75X
Constellation
Options

Is anyone else having trouble with their order of this phone? I ordered when the phone was IN STOCK and was told it would be express delivered on March 4th. I have been in touch with support 4 different times and cannot receive a reason why this is delayed or get any details of the actual status of my orders. Today is the 6th and I haven't even received a shipping notice. Support started calling my order "preorder" which it absolutely did not say anywhere when I ordered or received my invoice email. I just want an answer! Last contact with support was on March 4th and they said within 2 days I would receive an email with an updated delivery date. Today is the end of 2 days and I've still received no information. What is going on?! 

usertEnGqa6obo
Cosmic Ray
Options

I ordered one at Best Buy on February 14th and it's been a long wait also.

I'm beginning to think they're making improvements to the "glass" as I've read that they screens were cracking and separating on day one.

I wish Best Buy and Samsung would own up and tell us the truth as to why we're waiting so freaking long for our orders.

How about it Samsung?

users0aW2hc75X
Constellation
Options

Agreed! That would be a perfectly acceptable explanation. It's the non-answers, false advertising saying something was in stock when it's not, and false promises on delivery dates that are causing the frustration

SamsungGary
Constellation
Options

Still waiting for Z-Flip. Ordered in stock on 2/28 for Delivery on 3/4. No shipping notice. Called Samsung twice and they are not telling me when to expect the phone. Very frustrating as it was in stock when i ordered. I wonder if it has something to do with the covid-19 virus. Maybe they can't get their shipment into the US? Anyone else not receive an in stock Z-Flip?

users0aW2hc75X
Constellation
Options

@SamsungGary  yes I'm in the same position. Ordered on the same day when they supposedly restocked and got the same delivery of mar 4th. I've contacted support 4 times now and the first 2 times they said there was no issue it would still deliver by the 4th. Last 2 times were two completely different non-answers that there is some kind of issue and I would receive a new delivery date by the 6th. I have still received nothing. Wish they would come out and say what the problem is.

SamsungGary
Constellation
Options

@users0aW2hc75X Yes we are in the same boat. Ordered the same day they were restocked. Went live at 12:01 am and I purchased at 12:04 am with a Delivery date of 3/4. Keep in tocuh and let me know if you hear anything or any updates.

usergmPaKuYG5v
Constellation
Options

Needs a stylus everyone wants the note feature w stylus on their phones and if they dont they simply dont use them , it only makes the phones more attractive so I dont kno y they dont just put it on all the phones , I really wanted the s9 because of its camera but there they go again no stylus go I'll stick w my note same w the flip I really wanted the flip

users0aW2hc75X
Constellation
Options

@SamsungGary  I cancelled my order with Samsung on Sunday and ordered the phone from ATT who really had it in stock. I already have the phone from ATT it was delivered today. Let me tell you, it was a fight to get Samsung to cancel too. I do not recommend speaking to the live chat, as they can only see what you or I could see on the website, nothing further. Either that or they lie just to get you to keep your order. I recommend calling support instead.

user3mf2U2a0GD
Astronaut
Options

Wow so amazing Galaxy Z Flip. I really love this phone. I will buy.  Dsign is awesome.  I will oder and sell my old mobile.

Thanks & Regards,

Shan

kbauthority
Constellation
Options

I have one question in mind that as the screen is foldable and its in one single piece so, how many times if I open and close it and then one day it will break in two parts? as I got a gift this smartphone from KBAuthority ( https://www.kbauthority.com ) as best performing employee.

Zantik
Constellation
Options

Seems like this phone would make a great Christmas gift to myself or a family member. Smiley Very Happy

Gabe94
Product Expert
Options

What an amazing phone!! I really enjoy being able to mutli task on this phone and having three windows open all at once. I have order mine and can't wait to get it! 

Cindy-Flores89
Product Expert
Options

As a Samsung employee and owner of the Z-Flip.. I  can honestly say I love my phone. Had to get used to the fact that my ozone isn't waterproof anymore but love it anyway.. anyone with questions, fire away

timetra92
Product Expert
Options

I don't personally own the Z-flip, however, i can say that I do enjoy seeing the enjoyment on customers faces when they purchase the device and i love giving workshops on all the cool features for example the hands free selfie mood is one of my favorite!

Andres16
Asteroid
Options

never crossed my mind that we could have a foldable phone before a flying car.

Gabe94
Product Expert
Options

I finally got my Z-flip truly amazing tech!! Love the foldable screen!! Man I was concerned about the 12 MP camera but to my surprise the camera take great looking photo's. Smart switch made transferring  so easy. Truly amazing Tech!!

Heanster007
Constellation
Options

Got this phone today and it is awesome. Some things have had to be compromised from my previous phone, S10 5G to accomodate the form factor but the Z Flip does everything I want it to do so I'm happy 🙂 

usertJRqruZ3K3
Constellation
Options

like this mobile 

SH_FDallas
Product Expert
Options

I'm loving the features, loving the innovation all in a small portable device! 

Cindy-Flores89
Product Expert
Options

I love my new device, i absolutely love the quick access to the camera

MattV
Constellation
Options

Instead of foldable screen, why not 2 separate solid pieces?

Angle cuts on the joining sides so the two pieces of glass marry with a very fine line.

I'd be more than happy to see a hairline across the middle (which I imagine I'd eventualy learn to ignore), instead of risking an eventual crease/spidercrack.

The hinge could be made to fold flat as well, considering two independent sides.

Thoughts?

Samsung_8HOWLtR
Constellation
Options

I've always thought the same thing.  All I ever wanted was a smartphone that I could fit in my pocket without it sticking out, but still had a big screen, so when this came out I jumped on it.  I suspect that if this idea catches on there will be Chinese knock-offs with two screens for 1/10 the price.  Personally, I wouldn't even care if there was a line betwen the two screens.

biniboss
Constellation
Options

wooow i cant believe this is true i actually read a review about it on
so i had to rush down here to check on it

Dayknight
Constellation
Options

Another stupid design by samsung. You just keep going downhill on your designs. Probably designed by the tard who made the curved edges on the note 10 plus. Cant keep it in my darn pocket because it dials 911 all the time. Bring back simple flat screens so we can protect them.

Samsung_0acRP3l
Constellation
Options

It is not glass it is a lie and false advertisement. It is plastic with particles of glass. It scratches at level one when glass scratches at a level 5 or 6. So if it was true glass then it wouldn't scratch with my fingernail.🤔 It is a lie. You can scratch the screen with your fingernail. I am very disappointed in Samsung for lying about it and not giving out the truth. Now I am out of a lot of money because of this. Samsung i am highly disappointed 😞

Uptodrivers
Constellation
Options

I can't more wait... Guy's If you want this Samsung Galaxy Z Flip USB Drivers and Flashing Guide then you should free get drivers and other helping tools for this phone. 

userzkIphU64Yr
Astronaut
Options

I want to order but it doesn't come out, how much does it cost? I really want to know. 😞

userDeMin5dibJ
Constellation
Options

I am a gamer. I care a lot about heavy gaming, battery, laptop, processor, ..
The device has a very nice design but does not know if the multitasking of the screen is guaranteed? (gamestoremobi)