Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: 4 issues with the Note 9.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userz7zJjaKPdw; I realize how frustrating this must be. Our Memory Support Team would be the best option for further troubleshooting. Please either email support@totalts.com or call 1-800-Samsung and choose option 7 for SD support. The SD support team is available M-F 9 AM - 9 PM.  Also, for best performance be sure to always use a class 10 or higher SD card with your Galaxy Note 9. Older SD cards may not work as well with a newer flagship device. Older model SD cards can cause freezes, malfunctions, and it can cause your phone to reboot. T

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Memory support team already said they can't help because it's not a Samsung card. The card is less than 2 years old and was sold to me by Sprint in conjunction with  the S8+. Your own Support center says it's not the card  but the phone. So quit jerking all of us around.  Send us new SD cards of equal capacity and either replace our phones  or guarantee that you will be responsible for future data loss if the same error  appears with the replacement cards and phones.  That's all there us to it.  I don't believe Apple customers deal with such poor customer service and i don't see why loyal Samsung customers should have to put up with this BS. Especially with BRAND NEW FLAGSHIP PHONES

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well I can tell you for sure iPhone users don't ever have to deal with any memory card related issues. That's for sure. 

I have to say, it's a bit unreasonable to demand Samsung replace a memory card or a phone. The phone you can just return of course, you're still within that remorse period, it's probably fine though. The card is most likely fine too, just needs to be reformatted. It's not just the phone, but this kind of issue can happen with any devise and any memory card, the lesson to be learned from this is to backup, and backup often. Unfortunately digital files are almost never covered by any kind of guarantee, I'm sure they have a fine print somewhere stating they're not responsible for this exact thing. 

I use a SanDisk in my Note9, it doesn't have to be a Samsung card.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Two problems with that  line of reasoning. First the card was perfectly fine before being placed into the Note 9.  Second, I can return the phone and then what? My 8+ belings to them. It was traded in as part if the promotion they ran. So the remorse period does me no good  im stuck with a non functioning memory card and a phone that already has a 120 GB of data stored in it after one week which would normally have been on my memory card.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why do you keep insisting it's non functioning? If it's formatted in the phone it should be just fine. Try it, save your data to PC just in case and then move it to the card. It should be OK, right? That's the like of reasoning that I don't understand. Other than some data that got corrupted, what else is wrong with the card?

Plus you seem to be convinced you found the bad link, but it might not be. Maybe it's Android that cause the data loss, maybe the memory card itself reacted oddly to the new phone or OS, maybe it was a coincidence, maybe it was removed unmounted (very likely because no one ever does it the proper way) and it caused the issue, maybe whoever was handling it touched some contacts and something shorted. We will probably never know for sure, the tech can act up sometimes. I don't have any issues with my memory card and the Note9, so it's not some widespread issue with it. If the card works once reformatted everything is probably OK, but I will repeat, back everything up just in case.

(I mentioned returning the phone if you think the phone is defective, I don't think it is or that it's a good idea, a non Samsung memory card is not their responsibility though) 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

file name that contains special character? change that file names without any special character then it should work. i know it is 1000s of files but that is how it is.

what is the charging head? fast charging is all about the charger not the cable. if u r charging from computer usb port or something other than fast charger, it won't fast charge.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No special file names. Just regular pictures and videos taken from the S8+.

Charger is the regular S8+ charger that's plugged into the wall

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is the sd card you are using a class 10 or above?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im not sure what that means.  It's an Ultra Plus 128GB Sandisk which i bought with my S8+ from Sprint a year and a half ago. (Previously i thought it was a 256GB card but it is an128GB card). And it worked perfectly in my S8+. No corrupted files, no error messages.

Only happened after transferring to the Note 9

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For this sd card matter, please either email support@totalts.com or call 1-800-SAMSUNG and choose option 7 for SD support. The SD support team is available M-F 9 AM - 9 PM. Thanks!