cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usermrGxtduOnr
Constellation

5ge gets warm

I noticed after installing the pie update that when I go into 5g evolution areas that my phone heats up a lot, is this normal, has anyone had this problem before??

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: 5ge gets warm

Hey there!

Thank you for reaching out for assistance with your device.

We would recommend giving this article a try for when your device feels warm: Click here to view Article

Hope this message finds you well!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usermrGxtduOnr
Constellation

I have checked everything, Nothing is helping, it gets even hotter when my galaxy buds are connected

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

The link helps a bit for basic overheating. With the new 5G network spec that you'll see popping up, the phone has to be manufactured with the hardware capable of processing it. In this case, the only Samsung phone capable of 5G is the S10 5G. So what's happening with your Note 9 is that when going into these 5G sections, your current processor is working overtime and causing the phone to heat up. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.