Have you already tried wiping the cache partition of your device?
Here are the steps to assist with wiping the cache partition.
1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
Hope this message finds you well!
Have you tried clearing your network connections? Settings > connections > more connection settings > reset network connections. The only bad thing is you'll have to re synch all Bluetooth connections and network connections. After that last update, my messages were acting funny and only half working. This brought everything back for me.