cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Adapt sound is not working properly after Android 10 update

Update: The issues are related with Adapt Sound. So to sum up the main issue:

Adapt Sound does not work properly with apps that uses their own audio engine.

After Android 10 update all media apps such as Spotify, Tidal etc. that use their own audio engine has issues with the adapt sound. There is a slight inconsistency in volume. The effect is similar as if there was a bad quality limiter applied on it. It also looks like the overall volume is lower for these apps.

I did also factory reset and that still did not help, so that means it's a clear bug.

As I mentioned this applies only for audio apps that has internal audio engine. Native audio engine with Samsung Music or any other app that uses native audio engine works well. This was all good with previous Android version Pie and Oreo.

Samsung, please fix this, until then the solution is not to use adapt sound at all as it is not working properly.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Sound quality issues after android 10 update

Hi.

I have the same problem on my Galaxy S9 since I updated to Android 10 ...

When listening music through the supplied AKG Earphones , the sound is much worst than before...  (low volume, lack of depth, and so on ...)

With Android 9 it was much better !

I had to disable Adapt Sound to get a better sound, but still not like it was before   :/

I sent a notification to Samsung, but no news since 1 month ... 

Samsung, anyone ???

Highlighted
Constellation

I have a similar problem with my Note 9 since Android 10. 

I am a finicky music lover with hearing degradation.  I love Adapt Sound because I am able to create a custom profile that makes music come back to life for me.  No more.

Since Android 10 update, sound quality is downright awful!  Tinking my hearing had become worse, I navigated to "Sound Quality and Effects" to create a new profile.  But "Sound Quality and Effects" won't even open.  I get a message that says "Sound Alive keeps stopping".

Fortunately I have other resources, but not for private listening.  I can't believe a resolutions hasn't already been released to address this issue. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Correct, same here, so I guess it's not only Note9's problem. Basically all Samsung most likely has this problems with the new Android 10

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Adapt sound is not working properly after Android 10 update

I have the same issue with my Note 9. I will turn off Adapt Sound until this is addresse . Thank you!

Highlighted
Constellation

I am having the same problem on my Note 8. The volume fluctuations are noticeable while listening to Spotify. When I turn off Adapt Sound, there are no more fluctuations. It's really a shame because the sound quality is better with Adapt Sound but now it is useless because volume fluctuations are intolerable. 

Samsung, please fix.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Yep - same here. Unfortunately this all happened at exactly the same time that I got a new pair of Sennheiser Momentum 2 over ear headphones so I thought it was them that were faulty. I was about to send them to Sennheiser for a repair when I decided to conduct an extensive investigation with different apps, tracks, headphones, even a different phone. Turned out that as soon as i turned Adapt Sound off everything was fine. Bonkers. I'm using an S9 now but I've always used Adapt Sound on my previous phones as, at the tender age of 56, my hearing ain't what it used to be and it was great to be able to fine tune for the best result. Come on Samsung, I love your phones (never gonna touch an iPhone) but you seriously need to sort this out... 

Highlighted
Constellation

Yeah same issue on Samsung A50 after upgrade to Android 10.  I use Poweramp a lot and after upgrade the sound was terrible, it kept fading in and out on certain frequencies which was more noticeable on quieter tracks. Turning off adapt sound and tweaking the Poweramp EQ and now back in business with music pleasure.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have the exact same problem on S10e in Australia. Adapt sound now makes the music very distorted and volume lower... I thought my bose were broken.

hurry up and fix in Samsung!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

do clean install of the firmware thru odin and sam mobile.