Original topic:

Not able to dismiss/snooze alarm clock with a single tap of the screen after update

(Topic created: 04-30-2019 05:27 PM)
Lovelist
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

With this new update, I've learned that you can't dismiss or cancel the alarm with just a take of the screen. You have to hit the power button and deal with a constant reminder before going in and disarming it completely. Why? What happened to a simple tap of the screen? I've tried everything

15 Replies
GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

it was changed to pressing the dismiss button and sliding 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and âś“ to Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
Lovelist
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I don't have the option to slide. And the dismiss button does not work! I press it several times every morning and nothing happens therefore I end up pressing the power button which serves as snooze

GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Does the dismiss button get a circle around it when you touch it on the lock screen 

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and âś“ to Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
usere9qGmaePse
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Since the last update on my Samsung Galaxy Note 9, I have Lost the “dismiss” button on my Alarm. The “always-on” display no longer works either, even though turned on in the drop-down menú (found by sliding finger down screen.) The Alarm goes off, the screen is black, nothing to Press or slide, and the only way to turn it off is to power off the phone, then tediously turn it back on again.

Samsung: If you are listening/watching, how about forgetting the stupid annual “new-phone” commercial race, and focussing on getting the existing phones out of the beta testing stage and make them reliable again. The bigger the Number you add to your new annual phones, the less reliable they are, and the more complaints appear in how-to-fix posts. Get back to basics!!

Lovelist
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yes, it does have a circle around it

0 Likes
Solution
GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

after you touch the dismiss button slide your finger across the screen and the circle will get bigger and it dismisses the alarm

user2juwrMJRWA
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This works!  It's too bad a person has to sign in to do a "like".  It's a hassle, but in this case it was worth it.  The alarm was driving me crazy!  Thanks GaryB82

0 Likes
Lovelist
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Ok, thank you! I just set an alarm and tapped it before sliding,,,, it worked! That was helpful! Thanks again....

0 Likes
GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Happy i was able to help solve your problem if you have any questions in the future feel free to ask 

0 Likes