cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

All of my third party apps to set video or GIF wallpapers have stopped working

I have a Samsung Note 9. I have not updated to 10 yet however, all of my third party apps to set video or GIF wallpapers have stopped working. All of them were working prior to a month or so ago. I have searched all through my settings And I can't find anything that would have made them all stop. I can still set images as wallpaper through these apps but no videos or GIFs.

I recently found out that I can still set up a video (but no GIF) on my lock screen but no such luck on my home screen. The only way that I can do this though, is through the Samsung gallery app. However even this partial solution still won't allow me to set a gif or video on my home screen. I can only set static images on my home screen. Any help or possible solutions would be be most appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Halo

Re: All of my third party apps to set video or GIF wallpapers have stopped working

This is most likely a issue with the app updating to the newer Android 10 and not a issue with your Note9.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Someone please help!! I've looked everywhere!!

No it's not. I have Verizon and still have not been updated to 10. So the 10 update is not the issue. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: All of my third party apps to set video or GIF wallpapers have stopped working

Have you tried to force stop and clear cache on the apps you are experiencing the symptoms?

Navigate to your settings > apps > find and click on each app that is experiencing this symptom > force stop > storage > clear cache.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have not done that to all of the 3rd party apps, I have to most though with no change to my situation and it's not just the live wallpaper apps I currently have,  new LWP's I download do not work either-other than to reset my wallpaper or lockscreen (or both) to the Samsung default. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I keep thinking it must be a "setting." I just can't find or figure out 'what' or 'where' the setting might be.