cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zhyon01
Asteroid

All storage was deleted

(Note 9 BIG PROBLEM)Hello all, i have a very big problem and it is the second time that this has happend. I was just going by my day, watching a bit of netflix, Whatsapping a few people, listening to music on spotify. and then i go to my gallery and all of my pictures are gone, every single one. afterwards i go chech the "My files" and there again, everything is gone exept all the apps that i have downloaded. it is the seconde time that this has happened. the first time i thought it might have been a virus or somethign so i deleted everything and keept an eye on everything i download and what runs in the background. but as you can see that does not help either. So i ask you, the poepl if you can help me, because i've searched the internet with no luck of anyone else having the problem. I've even tried to use recovary tool, and again, no luck! so if this is a samsung problem PLEASE look into it, im angry but not too much because i dont have important stuff on my phone but i am intending to! Thank you in advanced.

Edit: Well it's 2 days later and it happened again! I'm going to assume its a hardware problem and try to trade in my phone for another one and hopefully the some does not happen.

9 REPLIES 9

Are any of your pictures synced with a cloud?

Are any of your pictures synced with a cloud?

Zhyon01
Asteroid

Re: Are any of your pictures synced with a cloud?

No i did not, but im going to start doing that, its just that the space is so limited.

Ladymax23
Cosmic Ray

Do you think it could have been your SD memory card was c...

Do you think it could have been your SD memory card was corrupted? I have a Note 8 but over a year now and my friend has a Note 9 and we haven't had that problem?

Zhyon01
Asteroid

Re: Do you think it could have been your SD memory card was c...

Thats the thing, I didnt have an SD card. i did buy one today and I'm going to start storing everything on there.

userwURqAm9Nao
Astronaut

Re: All storage was deleted

my pictures has been atoumatic deleted, why?

Zhyon01
Asteroid

Re: All storage was deleted

I have had the exact same problem, I haven't gounfa single solution on the internet (this has happened to me over 16 times), but what I've done is bought an external sd card, and every two days I back up my storage (Settings > accounda and backups > backup and restore > back up data > at the bottom it says back up, tap that and wait until it says done) , and every time it has happened to me afterwards, I just restore it. 

But something else I did before this was I backed up the data that I had left and factory reset my phone, and after that restored the data! 

I hope this helps you friend, and if you find the solution that I could not, please do share Smiley Happy

Powerpuff
Cosmic Ray

Can you go in the trash can in gallery and re download th...

Can you go in the trash can in gallery and re download them? When you first go In gallery hit 3 dots on top and hit the trash can icon.

Kf12782
Astronaut

Most likely it's a corrupted sd card, happened to me a wh...

Most likely it's a corrupted sd card, happened to me a while back, idk if this will help or if you tried, but if you download the ez file app, you can go to the dcim folder (I think) and try to find the thumbnails, I did that a while back and I found all my pictures, only thing is that in the thumbnails the pictures were distorted but hope that helps

Kf12782
Astronaut

Or go to my files & click the 3 dots in the right hand co...

Or go to my files & click the 3 dots in the right hand corner and go to settings and show hidden files then go to the dcim folder & thumbnails it should be there