cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userCs6AjJpaei
Constellation

Android 10 Update Disabled Stylus

On Feb 6 20  the Android 10 update disabled the stylus on my AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 9. The stylus is disabled when trying to select files for upload to a cloud storage and when selecting files for upload to Cryptomator. Selection using the fingertip still works fine. I already submitted a bug report to the android developers. Their response was: "Please file a bug with the respective OEM (Samsung in this case), as they are using their own customized version of the AOSP source code. This bug will be marked as closed." I also filed a bug report with cryptomator who basically said the same. I wasted nearly 3 hours with 2 different Samsung techs and ultimately failed trying to talk to a supervisor. Neither would forward the bug because they said they were incapable of sending/forwarding bugs to Samsung developers/programmers. They said my only recourse was to send or deliver my phone to an authorized Samsung repair center for evaluation which is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I am a computer science graduate/programmer myself and appalled at Samsung's complete disregard of legitimate bug reporting. I had an answer from Android within 24 hours and cannot get Samsung to even acknowledge a problem. Has anyone else had this problem with Android 10 stylus equipped devices? How are we supposed to get Samsung to fix problems with their devices? This is utterly ridiculous.

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Android 10 Update Disabled Stylus

Have you verified the settings for the stylus under the Gestures? 

Open the Settings app on your Galaxy Note 10/Note 10+, select Display, scroll down and tap Navigation bar. Here, if you are using gestures, you will see the Block gestures with S Pen option at the bottom.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/how-to-stop-samsung-galaxy-note-10-s-pen-from-interfering-with-naviga...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userCs6AjJpaei
Constellation

Thank you for your suggestion. The block stylus feature is not available on the Note 9 but would not be any benefit anyway. The stylus works fine 99% off the time. It is only when accessing the web view file manager, i.e., uploading files to cloud, cryptomator, etc, that the stylus is disabled. This is obviously a feature that Samsung has to update to accommodate the Android 10 upgrade. However, the issue is actually getting them to do it since they have no legitimate bug reporting system in place. I have spent hours trying to get them to fix this, and I have gotten absolutely nowhere. To make matters worse I have now realized that the Edge Panel Clipboard is now basically useless since the Android 10 update broke the app integration. This is obviously something else Samsung needs to fix. Android 10 is by far the worst update I have ever put on a phone. Did I mention that the brand new Android 10 screen recorder will not record internal audio? Ridiculous.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I understand. I will submit your feedback to the appropriate team.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userCs6AjJpaei
Constellation

Your two customer service personnel were no help whatsoever. I agreed to have the supervisor call me back later which they never did which is absolutely ridiculous! This is $1,000 phone which is completely dysfunctional now due to the Android 10 update! Where is the support! Android says YOU need to update your custom AOSP to integrate/accommodate all the Android 10 updates/changes! When is this going to happen! My phone is now constantly locking up using all my apps and rebooting it does not help!

Since your personnel were completely useless I spent a considerable amount of time troubleshooting this further. It seems there is a android system app called "Files" that is the culprit/needs the custom Samsung update to reintegrate stylus usage. When is this going to happen? Is this your standard operating procedure to have all your customers do all your work for you? I have now spent countless hours trying to get you to even acknowledge that there is a problem. Your "Team" needs to contact me ASAP! I need to be able to use my stylus!