cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userYSemQ8jYZy
Asteroid

Re: Android Pie Note 9 Verizon

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just contacted Samsung Care and they told me it will be release in the first week of May. Hope's this help.

MajesticLion
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That can't be right i think you're talking about the Note 8.

useradoxCssrxs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I contacted Samsung yesterday and they said all Note 9 devices should receive the update in a few days (Verizon and unlocked are all that's left, I believe).

Alodar101
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Direct from Samsung....All note 5 devices will get marshmallow by Summer..
Highlighted
user6nMBG4MELu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Seeing people with the s9 and s9+ getting pie before me is very frustrating. The note line is supposed to be Samsung's most premium high end phone yet its biggest carrier has now been delayed again until late March... I'm a Verizon employee and a Samsung ambassador I also attended a Samsung event yesterday at Carnegie hall where I specifically asked a representative about the delay.
TRob_1985
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree 100%. What was their response?

userYSemQ8jYZy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What was their response?

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user6nMBG4MELu wrote:
Seeing people with the s9 and s9+ getting pie before me is very frustrating. The note line is supposed to be Samsung's most premium high end phone yet its biggest carrier has now been delayed again until late March... I'm a Verizon employee and a Samsung ambassador I also attended a Samsung event yesterday at Carnegie hall where I specifically asked a representative about the delay.

Being an employee for Verizon or being an ambassador doesn't give you priority when it comes to updates. Samsung has already pushed out the updates and it's up to Verizon to push out those updates to its carriers. There are ambassadors on Verizon that have an unlocked note 9 and won't get their updates until the Verizon branded note 9 get theirs first. I doubt the pie update has any effect on your life but if you are an ambassador I don't think it's the right way to go about as an ambassador on the forums

userZSWeb1Rnz6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think the problem is Verizon actually cares about your experience on the phone when they finally give it to us. By that I mean they don't want it to be slow and have horrid battery life once they finish loading thier bloat on it.

I wish you could get a version of the phones that is native android that only has hardware specific software/drivers and no manufacturer or carrier bloat that doesn't involve self flashing or rooting

user20eGlneFfy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That would make sense about the testing which they usually do. But they didn't test for the 9s they were the first ones to upgrade to pie. How come they didn't have a testing period And had to wait. Plus the history with Verizon is they usually give the newest phone Update 1st. That would be us .so they skipped us and was the first company to give the 9s . Here we over a month later no update and a week after T-mobile gave the update . We are the last ones.