cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_wXNTWAw
Astronaut

Android pie is trash.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I absolutely hate this new update. Just everything. My text messages app has a glitch now where it says my incoming texts are hour in the future. Meaning it doesnt notify me when I get a new message from that person.

The way you close the tabs you have open isn't functional because when I swipe up to close it. It always reopens the window instead.

So theres no alarm settings now? Nobody said I wanted Bixby waking me up but now it seems theres no other option.

Why is it when I open my message app that the word "messages. You have x # of messages" takes up half the screen?

Everything about it is just more complicated and annoying. If I wanted that I'd have bought an iPhone. K. Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Android pie is trash.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"My text messages app has a glitch now where it says my incoming texts are hour in the future. Meaning it doesnt notify me when I get a new message from that person."

I've seen this happen to users before.  Check your clock/date settings.  Make sure that the Automatic setting didn't change after the update.  Time zone also. 

"So theres no alarm settings now? Nobody said I wanted Bixby waking me up but now it seems theres no other option." 

So what happened to your clock?  Present and working on mine.  Check  your app drawer and see if it's in there. 

"Why is it when I open my message app that the word "messages. You have x # of messages" takes up half the screen?"  

So the screen has a big header.  Flick it once and it's gone until you open the app again.  Minor details... 

3 REPLIES 3
userVeKeX91Ytt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I feel the same, this new update is trash, I hate the new texting app, I had to download a different text app. Can't even read my calendar,  can't even tell my upper icon from my notification bar is all white bleach out....I hate this so much. 

@Samsung_wXNTWAw wrote:

I absolutely hate this new update. Just everything. My text messages app has a glitch now where it says my incoming texts are hour in the future. Meaning it doesnt notify me when I get a new message from that person.

The way you close the tabs you have open isn't functional because when I swipe up to close it. It always reopens the window instead.

So theres no alarm settings now? Nobody said I wanted Bixby waking me up but now it seems theres no other option.

Why is it when I open my message app that the word "messages. You have x # of messages" takes up half the screen?

Everything about it is just more complicated and annoying. If I wanted that I'd have bought an iPhone. K. Thanks.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"I feel the same, this new update is trash, I hate the new texting app, I had to download a different text app. Can't even read my calendar,  can't even tell my upper icon from my notification bar is all white bleach out....I hate this so much. "

Ref: the Bleached out part.  If you are using a theme, turn it off.  More than likely, that theme wasn't designed for One UI.  Since it possibly wasn't designed for One UI it's going to look bad.  Turn it off, and try the Dark mode.  Settings>Display>Dark Mode.  

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"My text messages app has a glitch now where it says my incoming texts are hour in the future. Meaning it doesnt notify me when I get a new message from that person."

I've seen this happen to users before.  Check your clock/date settings.  Make sure that the Automatic setting didn't change after the update.  Time zone also. 

"So theres no alarm settings now? Nobody said I wanted Bixby waking me up but now it seems theres no other option." 

So what happened to your clock?  Present and working on mine.  Check  your app drawer and see if it's in there. 

"Why is it when I open my message app that the word "messages. You have x # of messages" takes up half the screen?"  

So the screen has a big header.  Flick it once and it's gone until you open the app again.  Minor details...