cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Answering calls on note 9

I received a call while phone screen was locked. The button to answer appeared but tapping it did not let me answer the call, why? How do I answer calls when the screen is locked? I have a similar issue with Bixby reminders and alarms. The reminder and alarm appear with a button to dismiss but tapping the button does absolutely nothing. I've had this phone just barely over 2 weeks and have had nothing but issues. It is the most complicated and useless and expensive piece of equipment I've ever had. I am so sorry I got rid of my S7.

In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Answering calls on note 9

did you try sliding the button?

Or maybe go to Settings > Accessibility > Interaction and Dexterity > Single tap to swipe and turn this on.  

It doesn't appear to slide.

It doesn't appear to slide.

In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.
userL04omhmviG
Astronaut

Recent update (June 2019) did change answer and hang up button to require finger on button and slide right for answer or left for hang up.  Most ridiculous update ever.  Try it again, it will work.

How do I reply to a specific responder on this question?

How do I reply to a specific responder on this question?

~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Big-bad-brad, There is no option as you describe it. See...

Big-bad-brad,

There is no option as you describe it. See image.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Re: Big-bad-brad, There is no option as you describe it. See...

I dunno since this is the Note 9 Forum and not the S7 forum. I can't speak for the S7.

20190718_132227.jpg

Re: Big-bad-brad, There is no option as you describe it. See...

Hey Big-Bad-Brad,

It's been bugging me that I wasn't very clear. First off I corrected my signature to no longer say S7. Secondly, here is a screen shot of the interaction and dexterity screen on my phone. My phone is an unlocked version not associated with a specific carrier so it may be why our interfaces and options are different.

Screenshot_20190730-004317_Accessibility.jpgNote9 Interaction & Accessibility

~Martin Luther King, Jr.

I have note9 now I was just comparing to my old S7!

I have note9 now I was just comparing to my old S7!

~Martin Luther King, Jr.