cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Anyway to turn off or lock emergency call screen?

Hello, is there away to lock or disable the emergency call screen? It pops up without needing a password or fingerprint and the only thing you can do is call 911.  You don't even have to dial it.  My 3 yr old over the last week has call the police about 10 times. Anytime he somehow gets a hold of my phone or anyones for that matter.  

It's so easy to call them there is also a nice bright red botton (my son's favorite color) to click on so you don't have to dial.  

Can I make it not so easy?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Anyway to turn off or lock emergency call screen?

I believe due to general safety guidelines this cannot be done as it is required by law that phones have that as an option incase of emergencies. There is kids mode that you may use which will require a pin to do anything major on the phone. I would suggest to perhaps try that. If not I don't believe there's any way to disable or make it harder to dial 911 from the power button shortcut.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Thank you for replying.  I do have kids mode on my phone but it only works after I unlock my phone.  So Emergency call screen isn't affected.  

Samsung Care Ambassador

US law mandates that it be extremely easy to dial 911 on any phone regardless if it is locked or not, regardless if it has a SIM installed or not. 

Many people don't realize this and give their old phones to young kids to play games. Even though they have terminated service on those devices, 911 can still be called easily.