cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userzNt9ttQ3aX
Asteroid

Auto-reply to text messaged

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On one of my old Samsung phones, I could set up auto-reply to text messages...."I'm in the movies right now, text you later" or "I'm in a meeting and can't reply"  but I don't see how to set that up on my Note 9.  Is this still a possibility???  That feature is great for when you are unable to look at your phone.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Auto-reply to text messaged

JUMP TO SOLUTION

ok at the moment i cant locate that feature on the Samsung Messaging app i was wondering about the messaging app you were using but i just tried google messages and samsung messages and the only one i can find that offers it is the Verizon Messages app hopefully that feature will return in the future 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

Note 9 User on Verizon Wireless
11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

May i ask who is your service provider @userzNt9ttQ3aX 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

userzNt9ttQ3aX
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

At&t

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

ok at the moment i cant locate that feature on the Samsung Messaging app i was wondering about the messaging app you were using but i just tried google messages and samsung messages and the only one i can find that offers it is the Verizon Messages app hopefully that feature will return in the future 

Note 9 User

userzNt9ttQ3aX
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you.  I miss that feature, very useful 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userzNt9ttQ3aX Hopefully it will be added in the future 

Note 9 User

itz_richard93
Asteroid

I believe this is an Android feature. In the messages app...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I believe this is an Android feature. In the messages app, try going to Settings > More Settings > Quick Responses. Let us know if that works.

userzNt9ttQ3aX
Asteroid

Re: I believe this is an Android feature. In the messages app...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I see the quick responses but dont see how they can be set up as autoreply

itz_richard93
Asteroid

GaryB82 is correct. The default Samsung Messages app does...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

GaryB82 is correct. The default Samsung Messages app does not support that feature. Verizon Wireless's Messages+ app supports that feature but since you have AT&T, you would need to find a 3rd party SMS app on the play store to obtain that feature.

userzNt9ttQ3aX
Asteroid

Re: GaryB82 is correct. The default Samsung Messages app does...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Its not that important.  Why did they do away with this??  I had it on an older Samsung without an app.