cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

BATTERY/OVERHEATING ISSUES

I've had my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 since February of 2018 (T-Mobile). Never had a problem. For whatever reason, this year that's changed. When my phone is plugged in, it's taking longer to charge. Battery drains faster than it can charge. Same thing happens when it's not charging or even being used. Consistently displaying "weak charging detected". The fast charging setting doesn't seem to be so fast anymore. Phone also has been overheating like crazy. Google Clock apparently causes overheating. Any advice, tips, tricks, etc? 
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: BATTERY/OVERHEATING ISSUES

Have you tried another charger to see if you still experience these symptoms?

Whether you're using a phone, tablet, smart watch, or earbuds, all Galaxy devices have a set temperature range, where they operate at their best. While they may feel warm under certain conditions, like charging, this does not affect the device's lifespan or performance. However, if your devices get too warm, it could cause some issues. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00076952/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: BATTERY/OVERHEATING ISSUES

Yes, I have tried a few different chargers. Unfortunately it even does it with the certified Samsung charger. 🥺 I'm checking out the link you provided right now. Thanks 👍🏻