cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

BYOD Note 9 on AT&T not getting updates

My BYOD Note 9 on AT&T is stuck on Nov 1, 2019 security patch level. I tried "software updates" but it doesn't seem to find any.

Based on another thread in this forum, I contacted AT&T and they asked me to FOAD and contact Samsung since it is not a phone they sold me. 

Does this also mean, I can never get Android 10 on my phone? Is there a way to sideload the security patches and OS upgrades?

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: BYOD Note 9 on AT&T not getting updates

Is your device from At&t or carrier unlocked from another carrier?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would recommend continuing to reach out to your carrier regarding getting your device updated to the latest software. Updates don't come directly through Samsung, carriers are the ones that push updates out to devices on their network.

Highlighted

Mine is a standard AT&T note 9. Mine is on the November security patch also. Not that big a deal. Android 10 hasn't been released yet. No one has Android 10 on a note 9 yet in the US. There has been one report that someone from t mobile got it, but no others. 

From what it sounds like, yours is a normal situation. I wouldn't panic until the software has actually been released. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have android 10 beta v3.0, US verizon. Js im in US with android 10 is all.

Highlighted

The website for at&t should have there most recent updates and the dates the pushed them. Most customer service over the phone dont really know much, most use a list to base there service off of. As far as tech support goes anyways.