cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Batteray Life

I have Samsung Galaxy Note 9, after I Install last update, security patch level 1 March 2020, i see the batteray is fast to drop. What is the problem? Can I get any solution? 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Batteray Life

Hi @userPAT9nLhQ1R 

I understand you are having problems with your device, I'm here to assist you on troubleshooting your device.

you can check your battery usage on the Settings menu

Settings > Device Care > Battery icon

you can see which app is taking most on your battery and you can optimize your device so it will run as it was before 

hopefully, this will help with your problem

Be sure to click " ✔ Accept as Solution" When you find an answer that works for you

Highlighted
Astronaut

I am having the same issue. Also after the patch update March 1, 2020  my Note 9 is freezing up self restarts and because i have the screen lock security settings it is not processing my password entry. nothing happens. the screen times out. I've had to hard reboot several times to gain access to the phone.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hi @userwEiud2B8Ff

I understand you are having problems with your device at the moment and I would like to assist you with it.

The first step should be removing all of the external accessories on the device such as SD, Sim card, Headphones, and S Pen. 

The second Step try to check the health of the device on Device Care
                       " To Access this feature Go to Settings > Device Care"

Hit Optimize to optimize and clean up the device from junk such as cache and junk files.

you can check the battery button to see which app is taking most of your battery.

if it still persists I would suggest testing the fingerprint sensor by registering a new fingerprint.

if the phone still powers down or turns off by itself then I would suggest calling  Samsung service provider you can contact 1-800-SAMSUNG for further details.

hopefully, this will help with your problem

Be sure to click " ✔ Accept as Solution" When you find an answer that works for you

Highlighted

Have  you tried clearing the Cache Partition yet?  Should be a standard procedure on any trouble shooting.  Fixes a lot of various problems.  

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for a few seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Doesn't hurt to do this once a week or so.