cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lanric02
Asteroid

Battery drain from email

I upgraded from a note 8 to note 9 two weeks ago.   I am having severe battery drain resulting from the stock email app.  I reduced the sync to once an hour.  In battery settings, there is over 7 hours of background use.  I've optimized battery usage and clicked email, but it seems to keep going back.  How do I fix? 

12 REPLIES 12
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Battery drain from email

Are you using the stock email app? What type of email do you have, i.e. yahoo, google, outlook?

lanric02
Asteroid

yes, stock app.  1 gmail account and 2 verizon account which now use AOL servers

lanric02
Asteroid

it says email is using 30% of battery.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Is the gmail also connected through the stock app? Have you already forced stopped the app and cleared the cache? You can also try clearing the data and then re-adding the email accounts.

lanric02
Asteroid

Yes, Gmail connected through stock app. I wiped cache already.  Same accounts I had on the Note 8.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for confirming. Have you tried clearing the cache partition of the phone? 

To clear the cache partition, you can follow these steps…

Turn off the device.
Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
Press Power key to select.
Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
Press the Power key to restart the device.
Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches.

lanric02
Asteroid

Yes, already did

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

The remaining options would be to factory reset, you can also take the phone to a local uBreakiFix location for an evaluation and possible software re-flash, or we can set it up for service. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifix/

lanric02
Asteroid

Thanks. Does BestBuy still have the Samsung desks for the flash?