cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scf
Asteroid

Battery drain issues continue...

So I, like millions of other users, have experienced the ridiculous drain after the last few "updates."

I went to my local uBreakiFix to try and find a solution to my battery drain issue. The tech there explained that sometimes OTA updates to the handset get fragmented and cause this issue. So she did what she called a "force home install" which allows them to I guess side-load the Samsung update file. This does not erase data on your phone and takes 45 minutes. 

That actually solved the problem for about two weeks. Then the drain started again. The tech said the next step would be a "home binary" which DOES erase everything. She said it's different from a factory reset because the entire operating system is removed and reinstalled. And if THAT doesn't work, she says I would need to send the phone back to Samsung to have a new battery put in.

My question is, why do I, or any of us, have to go through all of this? A $1000 phone? Really? I've tried everything including wiping cache partition, factory reset, battery management, limiting background apps, etc... This is really frustrating. 

4 REPLIES 4
Leonie1989
Asteroid

I had similar issue before after android Security patch u...

I had similar issue before after android Security patch update ..but what u can do that worked good is wipe cache, and factory reset and try to put all unnecessary apps to sleep especially Facebook

Scf
Asteroid

Re: I had similar issue before after android Security patch u...

I mentioned in my original post that I've already done those things. They were only temporary fixes. 

Leonie1989
Asteroid

What carrier do u have if u have postpaid all u can do is...

What carrier do u have if u have postpaid all u can do is a warranty claim ..most of the note 9s they sent is all brand new

Scf
Asteroid

Re: What carrier do u have if u have postpaid all u can do is...

I'm on AT&T.