cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Battery drain with recent update

I have a Note 9 and it did an update last week.  Every since that update my battery drains super fast. I have to charge it in the middle of the day.  Has anyone else had any issues?  Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Battery drain with recent update

@userUjBll2xqek wrote:

I have a Note 9 and it did an update last week.  Every since that update my battery drains super fast. I have to charge it in the middle of the day.  Has anyone else had any issues?  Thanks!

Have  you tried deleting  your cache partition?  After every major update like this, it's recommended that you clear the partition and allow your apps to start updating.  There will be a LOT of apps that will be updating.  Mine updated about 3 weeks ago and it still finds an occasional app to update.  

To Clear the Cache partition:

• Turn off the device.
  • Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  • When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  • An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for a few seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  • Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  • Press Power key to select.
  • Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  • When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  • Press the Power key to restart the device.

Clearing the Cache does no harm.  I clear mine as a preventive measure about once a week or so.