cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Battery drains faster after last month update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After android 10 update I noticed my Battery drains extremely faster.  I haven't added any new apps or changed any settings.  

For example I listen to audiobooks through the Audibles app.  I have always had this app and it is always the first app I download when I get a new phone.  

the app will still run even when I put the phone to sleep. I use to be able to listen for an hour and it use only 2% up.  Now it's more like 10%

I can just be on Twitter and 10% can be used up in 10 mintues. Just coming on here and writing this I used up 3%.  

I never have my disply brightness past 50% unless I'm outside.  I don't know what is causing this since I havent done anything different. 

now I've used up 4% writing this.  Please help! 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Battery drains faster after last month update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @Arlo ,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your battery draining. Let's see if we can find you a solution and fix.

Social media apps, in particular, tend to consume a lot of resources in the background, and to get an idea of how much power a particular app is consuming, head to:

System -> Device maintenance -> Battery.

Here you'll be able to see how much battery a particular app's using per hour, and you can hit the Save power button to clear all apps running in the background.

Follow the above steps and Let me know so we can troubleshoot and narrow down why is going on. 

Best Regards

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

See if these steps may be helpful.

Get into recovery mode:

1. Hold the power button, the volume up button, and the bixby button together

2. The phone should boot into recovery mode

3. Once its in recovery mode, you can use the volume buttons to move up and down and the power button to select

4. Select "wipe cache"

5. Restart the phone. If that still does not work, repeat steps 1-3, and this time select "factory reset"

6. Restart the phone

For Samsung Care Authorized locations near you:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I will try that But if I have to try the second method will that delete any personal stuff on my phone like Docs and Pics?

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Arlo, sorry your having these issues but id love to help. sometimes apps tend to stay open in the background so make sure your properly closing the apps you use. if you feel that isnt the problem i would try restting the device. Settings > General Management > Reset > Factory Reset. If youve followed these steps and the problem continues i would get a repair done.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @Arlo ,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your battery draining. Let's see if we can find you a solution and fix.

Social media apps, in particular, tend to consume a lot of resources in the background, and to get an idea of how much power a particular app is consuming, head to:

System -> Device maintenance -> Battery.

Here you'll be able to see how much battery a particular app's using per hour, and you can hit the Save power button to clear all apps running in the background.

Follow the above steps and Let me know so we can troubleshoot and narrow down why is going on. 

Best Regards

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @Arlo , 

I agree with @JORTIZ_12 . Device Management will give you a breakdown of your batteries usage including whats drainging the battery the most and if any app is excessively draining the battery.

You can also try making sure all your apps have been updated in the software is up to date. Here are some steps you can use to Update your Google Play Store and Galaxy Store Apps

Hope this helps!

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Arlo 

I'm not sure if you got all this completed yet but if you are going to do the factory reset, make sure you back up your information first that you want. IE like photos, contacts etc.. WIth either your Google account and Samsung CLoud