cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Gamehendge
Constellation

Bluetooth - After reboots all paired devices are gone have to start fresh every time

Since the last patch, every time my note 9 reboots I have to re-pair my watch, car,  and other devices which were paired prior to the reboot.  Never had this issue until the last week or so.  I did have my phone set to reboot nightly, but since this issue, I have stopped that and only reboot when it's needed.  Is this a bug or other issue?  Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks, John

5 REPLIES 5
TomAG
Constellation

Re: Bluetooth - After reboots all paired devices are gone have to start fresh every time

I have the same issue. I just rebooted my Note 9 and it lost all the existing Bluetooth connections that I had initialized this morning. My 2008 Camry, LG Tone ear buds and my Raycon ear buds. I also had to re-pair my Galaxy S2 Watch.

Need to understand when this will be addressed.

Thanks.

TomAG
Constellation

Re: Bluetooth - After reboots all paired devices are gone have to start fresh every time

OK, after reading a few more posts about these kinds of issues, I exercised my option to "Clear the System level cache" and so far it appears to have resolved the issues with lost Bluetooth connections. I will report more as I continue to check out the options.

USCGrad94
Constellation

This happened to me again for the third time.  The last time I cleared the cache, it took it about two weeks for it to happen again...  When I contact support they say that I'm the only one having this issue...

BadgerandBear
Constellation

Same here, this has been happening since Pie update.  It worked flawlessly before that update.  Now BT flakes out.   

carmita69
Asteroid

the Gear S3 watch is disconnected, when I connect another device, although I have activated the option to connect 2 devices to bluetooth.