cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user2WSL8Z4Rku
Constellation

Re: One UI Issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This started happening right after the update, my partners phone update 3 days before mine and it started disconnecting randomly from the car while it was playing music.... the phone said it was still connected but it wasn't? My phone was fine untill last night when I received the update, I now have the same problem.... it HAS to be the update. I use my bluetooth on my car all the time and this was never an issue, by the way I drive a Jaguar XF

mszmania27
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also having the same problem I have an S9 I drive a Lexus however it does it with my Bluetooth speakers as well multiple brands my Bluetooth just won't turn on and it will randomly turn on by itself sometimes this happened directly after the update

Highlighted
userX7Q1wgehxg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been having similar issues which I believe to be obsoletion related. I performed the update and suddenly my phone will not sync with either my Jeep Cherokee or my Bluetooth earbuds. It is rather annoying to know that I will have to go to such lengths to be able to sync them again. Almost seems like it might be easier to do a factory reset and not allow it to be updated.

user3NRgkqJCYX
Constellation

Bluetooth issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I've always used my turtle beach stealth 700 connected via bluetooth to my phones to play music in them while I game. It was working fine until recently my galaxy note 9 will not allow my headset to use media audio anymore but only call audio. I go to turn on the media audio and it just switches off after I switch it on. No explanation or anything. I've reset my network settings my bluetooth settings and I've even tried on my girlfriends iPhone which had no problem doing the job my galaxy should do. Please look into this
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Bluetooth issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello.

Thank you so much for reaching out regarding your Bluetooth concerns.

We would recommend giving this troubleshooting article a try: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001226/

Hope this finds you well.

^SamsungZell

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

wwejason
Cosmic Ray

Bug: Bluetooth not working with Headsets after Pie update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I am experiencing a problem that I can consistently replicate. The issue prevents using a Bluetooth headset for a phone call. I can replicate the issue using the steps below with multiple headsets. The issue started only after the Pie update.

Headsets tried:

Jabra Elite 65t

Plantronics Voyager Legend

Sony WH-1000XM3

Steps to replicate:

1) With no Bluetooth headset connected or powered on, place or answer a call.

2) Power on a Bluetooth headset and wait for it to connect.

At this point, the call used to switch to the headset automatically. Sometimes a call would not switch automatically, but tapping the onscreen Bluetooth button on the active call screen would switch the call to the headset.

After the Pie update, if I power on an already paired and working Bluetooth headset, the call audio will not switch over. Checking under Settings > Bluetooth, the headset will show that it is only connected for Media Audio. If I then tap the headset in the list and try to turn on the toggle for Call Audio, the toggle goes right back to off. The toggle for Call Audio will remain off until the phone is next rebooted.

I factory reset the phone, reinstalled my necessary apps, paired my Bluetooth devices, and tried to replicate this again. The very first time after the factory reset, this process worked. Every time thereafter, the process fails as detailed above.

Is this a known issue?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Bug: Bluetooth not working with Headsets after Pie update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good afternoon,

We can definitely look into this for you. Have you tested the Bluetooth Headsets on any other devices with the Android 9.0 Pie update?

wwejason
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have no other devices with which to test.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tested the Bluetooth functions in Safe Mode? https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

wwejason
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The steps noted appear to work fine in safe mode.